Sign in to follow this  
crimtye

Help! FSX Tupolev KLN 90B GPS issue!

Hello,

Any fanatic Soviet aircraft flyers? I have an issue with my KLN 90B GPS in the Project Tupolev TU-154 (Version 1.2.2, FSX). Only half of the display can be seen, no matter what I do. I have tried resizing, tinkering with the panel.cfg to no avail. (I have even tried loading it into FS Panel Studio)

Any help is appreciated!  :smile:

6f64c46c4d.jpg

No love for the TU-154?   :cray:

It's working in FS9 so I'll use it there.  ^_^

Hi, Wybe. I know that's a stupid question of mine but how familiar are you with the KLN gauge? It splits the small screen in two and the right controller would skip through the "right" modes. So maybe it's waiting for an input.

Well, I don't recall it to be blank on one side, so maybe there really is a problem and my above hint was, indeed, stupid. :blush:

Hi CoolP, the problem is actually that the 'right' side of the KLN screen is filling the whole screen area of the gauge, if that makes sense.

I got it working in FS9, which is my preferred sim anyway - I just can't stand it when something doesn't work as it should though. Thanks for replying!

There is an updated KLN90B available now that fixes this and many more problems.  It's the same PT KLN90B but with bugs fixed including this one, and new features.  The link is to the current beta release is: http://fscaptain.net/downloads/KLN90B-FSX-P3D.zip

Thanks to the PT team for placing the KLN90B source code in the public domain so I could take this on as a fun project.

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

There is an updated KLN90B available now that fixes this and many more problems.  It's the same PT KLN90B but with bugs fixed including this one, and new features.  The link is to the current beta release is: http://fscaptain.net/downloads/KLN90B-FSX-P3D.zip

Thanks to the PT team for placing the KLN90B source code in the public domain so I could take this on as a fun project.

Dutch

Hi all,

please some help, as my PT TU-154 has a problem with the  GNS (KLN 90B) not working...

Using FSX, on VC appears with a screen error and it does not work on the pop up window mode.

I have use the update mentioned above, but it will work only with KLN 90B (used by Il-76 and AN-24) 

The problem is that no matter what, my tu154 wont update, as it is using the (realityXP model)

Note: realityXP it is working fine on other aircrafts, such as PMDG JS41

Also, cannot find the PT page. I guess it went offline..

thanks in advanced

tu154-000005_zpszsbf56eb.jpg

In your illustration photo, the device you're showing in the pop-up (and the one on the VC panel) is not a KLN90B but some Garmin unit that looks a little bit similar.

It's certainly not the one I worked on and fixed.

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

In your illustration photo, the device you're showing in the pop-up (and the one on the VC panel) is not a KLN90B but some Garmin unit that looks a little bit similar.

It's certainly not the one I worked on and fixed.

Hi Dutch and thanks for your reply...

well I see that is the problem... I have reinstalled the realityXP and the gauge shows now with the correct background...

Never the less, I see (on youtube videos) people have a different KLN 90B (I guess the right one) which does not appear on my plane...   Could you please advise the most recent version of the PT154?

I have 1_1.  downloaded a 1_3 version but gives me CTD, so I get back to the 1.1.

greetings once more...

as I said, I've managed to update or reinstall the GNS and it is know showing properly...

tu154-000001_zpsp9wfqcog.jpg

tu154-000004_zpsqdlnyvct.jpg

Also, edited the CFG file and added a KLN 90B, but even clicking on small black dot, to make it primary navigation, the autopilot does not follow it...

tu154-000005_zpsxekqrzk3.jpg

Most of all, I really like to have only the KLN90 directly on my panel as it shows on some videos.

Try the INS, but it seems just a dummy gauge, able to insert the coordinates, but again, no success in making it primary NAV source...

if you have any ideas, I'll appreciated.

Thanks in advanced 

Sorry but I can't be of much help to you as I don't have the airplane.

Dutch

Sorry but I can't be of much help to you as I don't have the airplane.

Dutch

thanks anyway, for taking the time. 

best regards.

P.S. I'm navigating, know via KLN90. finaly.