Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

FSC v9.5

I have a disk version of FlightSim Commander v 9.2, and have just updated it to v 9.5, yet when I run it, all I am getting is just 2 countries, the USA and Greece. Anybody any idea what gives here?

Tried that, and where previously when I had installed and run that DatabaseManager I could see a bargraph as it sought out all the scenery files, this time it just flashed on and off in a thrice.

It might scan for active scenery only, so are all entries in your scenery.cfg enabled? Well, if nothing helps, you can always download a full installer from their website and start fresh.

Besides, who needs more than the US and Greece, Rick? -_-

I have a disk version of FlightSim Commander v 9.2, and have just updated it to v 9.5, yet when I run it, all I am getting is just 2 countries, the USA and Greece. Anybody any idea what gives here?

Make sure you are running the 9.5 version of the database manager if you did an upgrade.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I'm sure they also have their own support forum...

There is a hot patch for FSC 9.5 ... see: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/76866-hotfix-95x-for-flightsim-commander-95/

Also, there is an FSCFSXCFG.EXE you must copy to the root of your FSX installation and run that so that it generates the necessary file that the FSCDbManager will use to build it's database.  Any time a product makes any changes to your scenery.cfg you will need to run the FSCFSXCFG.EXE and then run the FSCDbManager again to rebuild a database.

If you are running Orbx Region products (NA, AU, etc.) it is also a good idea to the run the FSCFSXCFG.EXE and FSCDbManager any time you change an Orbx Region.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: oh my, what am I doing in an FSX forum ;) -- same applies for P3D V2.x only replace FSCFSXCFG.EXE with FSCP3DCFG_V2.EXE

It might scan for active scenery only, so are all entries in your scenery.cfg enabled? Well, if nothing helps, you can always download a full installer from their website and start fresh.

Besides, who needs more than the US and Greece, Rick? -_-

Hi CoolP

I know I just bought the excellent FlyTampa's Athens but that does not mean that I should only restrict myself to 2-3 airports in Greece. Besides, the real reasons I wanted to get FSC working was so that I could export its flightplan to the Aerosoft Airbus Extended(not the latest A318/319) as PFPX does not do it for me.

I want to use the Airbus aircraft around the Middle East/Africa/Europe but not have choice of just 2 countries, much as I agree with you the USA has enough to keep me flying till FSX dies a slow death!

Make sure you are running the 9.5 version of the database manager if you did an upgrade.

Tried that, and that DatabaseManager only gave me the 2 countries listed, USA and Greece. Yet, the only reason I went for that 9.5 Update was because fro some weird reason, I could not export a flightplan from within 9.2 as it required registration. Eh? registration for something I already have a CD key for? As I said, weird.

I'm sure they also have their own support forum...

Went there in the first instance but could not see it at Aerosoft.

Hope the recovery is going well, Phil, and you managed to resolve your Acronis problem.

Thanks a bunch, Rob. Will try that solution.

Hi CoolP

I know I just bought the excellent FlyTampa's Athens but that does not mean that I should only restrict myself to 2-3 airports in Greece. Besides, the real reasons I wanted to get FSC working was so that I could export its flightplan to the Aerosoft Airbus Extended(not the latest A318/319) as PFPX does not do it for me.

I want to use the Airbus aircraft around the Middle East/Africa/Europe but not have choice of just 2 countries, much as I agree with you the USA has enough to keep me flying till FSX dies a slow death!

Tried that, and that DatabaseManager only gave me the 2 countries listed, USA and Greece. Yet, the only reason I went for that 9.5 Update was because fro some weird reason, I could not export a flightplan from within 9.2 as it required registration. Eh? registration for something I already have a CD key for? As I said, weird.

Went there in the first instance but could not see it at Aerosoft.

Hope the recovery is going well, Phil, and you managed to resolve your Acronis problem.

Thanks a bunch, Rob. Will try that solution.

Hi Rick

Pretty sure they have their OWN support forum.  It's at the forum run by Francois, but lost my link for it.

Agreed with Phil, the FSC forums might be the best place to ask for FSC details.

As for the Airbus export case, not sure if it helps but there's a thread stating that not much has changed for the A318 and 319. So maybe even PFPX should already be able to handle the current AS Airbus, besides FSC.