Sign in to follow this  
adi518

SimLauncherX - The freeware tool everyone has been waiting for!

SimLauncherX might well make a hand full of payware and - unfortunately - freeware coders unemployed. I found virtually ANY function I was looking for so far.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

How does it replace the Estonia Migration Tool?  Does it facilitate the use of FSINN with P3D?  

Danny

Hi,

Thanks for all the nice words!

I have been busy today helping people to get SLX up and running. Most problems are caused by errors in the scenery.cfg file, trying to create the SLX database when FSX/P3D is running and errors in aircraft.cfg files, flight files and flight plan files. Of course I also made some mistakes myself. So far I have been able to help everyone out and in the mean time I've made SLX a little bit more robust to cope with these errors. Difficult issues will be solved immediately, the impossible might take a little longer :smile2:.

I have looked at the OPUS weather files, but unfortunately these files only provide weather data for a certain area around the user aircraft, so I cannot use these files to display world wide weather on the map.

SLX has nothing to do with making other addons work with P3D, so it has no relation to the EMT tool at all.

There's still a couple of things on my wish list like the use of Navigraph/Aerosoft NavDataPro Airac cycles, show Vatsim information on the map, a G1000 in addition to the standard instruments, ... It might take a while though before this becomes reality, since this is just a one man show.

If you have any problems installing SLX, using SLX, or have an idea for a new feature please don't hesitate to contact me.

I hope you will enjoy it.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

I am overwhelmed - love it.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Awesome.  It's the freeware tool I've been waiting for! :)  Seriously, this thing rocks.  Thank You.  

Maarten,

Thank you. Visionary. Astounding. .... Shake the bugs and put a price tag on it.

I LOVE THIS PROGRAM. 

I haven't looked throughout yet, but is there something like a skyvector type link in there.  In other words real sectionals?

@Denali: I don't quite understand what you mean with a 'skyvector type link'. Can you please elaborate?

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Thanks for your help via email Maarten

ZORAN

Very nice tool. Any chance getting this to run as a WideClient application?

Don

Well...deserved!  ...and now for my 1st request :D   Would love to be able to undock the Instrument and Map views and run them in seperate Windows !   Great program!

I hate to ask this question, because I normally try to adequately research before mooching knowledge from the community, but...

Can someone explain how this software would be used for a basic flight with REX, ASN, Orbx, Ezdok and A2A? TrackIR relevant? FSEcomomy?

I have absolutely no clue what this does, and have no similar addon installed. Thanks in advance for your time.

+1

pls add network support.

Mind a short look into the manual?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11