Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Scenery sets combinable ?

Great program !

I will surely make a donation. 

Two questions I have :

What I did not understand right : is it possible to combine scenery sets for one flight ?

I am using lots of photo scenery and many airports. Especially photoscenery will always take your VAS size down when active.

Eg :

I want to make a flight from Frankfurt to Amsterdam.

If I make a scenery set called Germany with all German photo scenery and airports in it, can I combine it with a scenery set called Netherlands , so only my German and Dutch scenery will be active ? 

In this way I can devide Europe in countries and only activaye the countries I am flying over to spare VAS size. 

So combine multiple sets that then are being saved into the scenery.cfg Fs uses.

My second question : I have just started with Simstarter and have 317 scenery entries. Do I need to clear all addons to make a Master scenery.cfg file ? 

Last question : is there a manual with examples ? Now the explanation is just the words on the buttons...instead of how to use them.

Just my2cents. 

Thanks, 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

this is very easy to do with latest Simstarter

open SimStarter, and go to ScenerySet Tab >

image.jpg

on ScenerySet Tab; click "Open Scenery Manager" button (half way at the bottom)

and configure your scenery set for the profile

image.jpg

Hi Gerard,

thank you for your nice feedback!

What I did not understand right : is it possible to combine scenery sets for one flight ?

Yes, as Chris stated. It is possible to do it. Simple create different ScenerySets for your regions. You would need to disable all regions at the MasterScenerySet and enable only SceneryAreas that are standard or you would like to have enabled at every scenery (e.g. Global Mesh). Second step: creating different ScenerySets which are including only that sceneries that should be active for that region. If you combine MasterScenerySet with "your region"-ScenerySet only your region will be enabled. I will create a how-to soon (because this question is asked very often). Keep in mind: if you combine two ScenerySets and would like to disable an AddOn, you would need to disable it in both ScenerySets. If it would be enable in one of the ScenerySets it will be enabled if you start the profile.

My second question : I have just started with Simstarter and have 317 scenery entries. Do I need to clear all addons to make a Master scenery.cfg file ?

No, SIMstarter does not delete entries from your scenery.cfg. It just sets the Sceneries from Active=TRUE to Active=FALSE if you disable them.

Last question : is there a manual with examples ? Now the explanation is just the words on the buttons...instead of how to use them.

Did you read the manual? Or what would you need in addition?

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Hi Pero,

With Chriss help I was able to get it working.

Regarding the manual : most of the times the explanation is the same as the words on the button, instead of what one can do with it by pressing.

By that I mean "If you ant to do X, than we start with pressing button A , than we do ..."  etc.

Is it possible to start P3d without SimStarter, but use all changes ?

Eg : I have Shade and that program only works if FSX is installed. I do not have that installed, but have use the Migration Tool, which makes a custom P3D executable and a running FSX exe file ( without FSX ).

So I would like to point to that executable ( name :  fsxstart.exe )  instead of the default P3D.exe file which SimStarter is using. The exe file fsxstart.exe starts both fsx.exe + p3d.exe. Simstarter cannot be pointed to fsxstart.under P3D Program settings.

Thanks,

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Is it possible to respond to my question about pointing to a custom exe file like I described above ?

Hi Gerard,

it is very easy to do

open you SimStarter install dir

inside you will find SIMStarter.ini

open it with notepad; first few lines you should find

[FSX Pathdefinition]
pathFSXexe=D:\FSX\fsx.exe
pathFSXcfg=D:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg
pathFSXsceneryCfg=C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg
pathFSXuserSimFiles=D:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

[PREPAR3D Pathdefinition]
pathPREPAR3Dexe=