Sign in to follow this  
neumanix

iFly's next product about to be announced!

Mario,

The iFly 737 for P3D was very hard on frames for me. At $79 USD I had to opt for the refund. Some others reported better performance.

NAX669.png

Thanks Mike. I'm anxious to see what this mystery product will be like, performance-wise. But from what I've read, iFly is a quality developer so I will watch this closely.

Mario Di Lauro

Regardless of aircraft I just hope Flight1's currently policy changes to allow usage in all three platforms without having to pay full price for each!

For the PMDG flyers out there ... how come with their supposed closeness to Boeing, long gestation and beta periods and dedication to quality; patches are still required shortly after release and service packs issued annually it seems?  Well it IS difficult to get it right and iFly have to jump the same hurdles and with the 737NG they proved they can be competitive.  They beat the NGX to market and now it appears history will repeat, with a different aircraft.  Sign me up!

Oh well, I was hoping someone would finally make a proper 757 & 767 that looks good, has a lot of system depth and isn't vaporware. 

If it's a 747 then good for FS9 users at least, perhaps it will be also less resource demanding for FSX users than the upcoming 747 of PMDG.

Ifly 737 hit the fps only after the update so if you didn't have any issues just go back to the initial install, easier on the fps!

how come with their supposed closeness to Boeing, long gestation and beta periods and dedication to quality; patches are still required shortly after release and service packs issued annually it seems?

PMDG's relationship with Boeing has nothing at all to do with the development process for a flight sim add on.  It's baffling why somebody who has been a member of this forum for 7 years asks this, are you being sarcastic?  Doesn't matter I'll bite:

• Different PC configurations (i.e. different hardware / software)
  • Different flight sim configurations (i.e. different add ons and settings)
  • Simmers using the product differently to the Beta testers / developers
  • Adding additional features.
  • Core updates to system damage something within the product (i.e. something like a DX update)

This list isn't really exhaustive.

I can't think of a single add on that hasn't needed a patch, to turn your statement on it's head, i believe that PMDG support their products well, hence they respond to issues raised by the community. 

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

I am very happy with the 747 Cargo version from PMDG, I don't really like the shape of the 747-400 passenger version. If there is an 747-800i included I will snap it up right away+

I can't find any announcement on the website, so were are you guys getting your information from? The newest news there is years old, for Christ's sake:(

Ahhh.  well thats a little dissappointing. I was hoping for a badly needed 767 757. We have 747 coming with PMDG.

Oh well. Good for competition i guess.   Guess my hearing has been distorted. Total miss Epic fail. lol

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I'm wondering what would be advancements when compared to both the PMDG 744 and the older iFly 744 freeware

In the meantime, some FS9 screenshots:

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12390&FID=1&PR=3&title=fs2004-with-enb-enabled-b744

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12389&FID=1&PR=3&title=fs2004-with-enb-disabled-b744

EDIT: Well, the difference is stunning compared to the freeware 744 :o  Gotta start convincing my wife...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I'm wondering what would be advancements when compared to both the PMDG 744 and the older iFly 744 freeware

There was a pic of their 744 configurator showing some advanced options to help make long haul easier (time compression, automatic fuel config etc). Plus the internal 3d modeling especially is vastly updated compared to PMDG's old model, let alone their own freeware. Then you add all the features of their  737 and more - it's a new plane altogether.

Can't say I'll bite however, just not in the market for a 744  :mellow: ..but we'll see.

Regards,

Mark

In the meantime, some FS9 screenshots:

(...) Gotta start convincing my wife...

A-w-e-s-o-m-e screenshots (and it's from an FSX user)!

As for the latter, I guess I'll be inviting mine for a romantic dinner tomorrow. :He He: