Sign in to follow this  
domc712

Night ground textures appearing at daytime

The ground night textures in my FSX load at around 2-3pm in the afternoon which is annoying obviously. This also happens in the morning when the night textures stay until around 10am.

Actually even the night textures of Aerosoft's London Heathrow Xtended load at those times during the day.

Is there any way that I can change the time that the night textures appear? I don't want night textures loading during the day. I want night textures to load during sunset time and day textures to load at sunrise.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451904-night-time-texture-too-soon-pics/

Read post# 4 and try some of those adjustments to get you night textures appearing nearer to

the proper time.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

This tweak only affects the night textures of airport buildings & lighting, AI aircraft tailfins etc. I want to be able to modify when the actual ground/landclass night textures appear. It also seems like UTX night lighting appears at the same time as the night ground textures.

2014_10_30_13_55_51_114_1000x625.jpg

I am using Orbx England and UTX

This is the Beta ORBX day/night fixer.  May be worth a try.  I just

downloaded and will try in my ORBX PNW.

Great, I can't do this link!  Try a search for ORBX DAYNIGHT100.zip

This may not be what you are looking for.  The only other thing I saw about the times

and night and day starting too early had to do with making sure your computer time

is synced with FSX.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Nope this is not an Orbx scenery issue, this is a FSX problem

It is especially noticeable at afternoon to late afternoon times

This is UTX scenery

2014_11_26_15_28_49_722_1600x1000.jpg

This is Orbx FTX England scenery

2014_11_26_15_32_46_340_1600x1000.jpg

This issue continues to annoy me and I'm sure there must be some way to alter the timing that the light map/night ground textures appear. I've tried to live with it but it's the one thing that really kills the immersion for me during the late afternoon and early morning.

[GRAPHICS]

DAY_THRESHOLD=32768

NIGHT_THRESHOLD=0               < These day/night threshold settings in the FSX.cfg file only affect the night textures of scenery                                                   such as airport buildings

I need a way to change the time of day that the actual land/ground lightmap/night textures load, or if the trigger is the level of lighting then some kind of lighting threshold similar to the tweak above. Otherwise I get night textures particularly road lighting loading before sunset like the image below.

t83x3b.jpg

This is a pretty weird problem. I remember someone posting something like this a long time ago but don't remember if a fix was ever found, besides reinstalling the sim.

The only thing that I could possibly think that could cause this is if you had a corrupt timezone file bgl found in your scenery\base\scenery\timezone.bgl folder.

Have you altered or installed any updated time zone bgl's?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Orbx FTX England and Aerosoft's Mega Airport Heathrow Xtended

Does this happen everywhere or just in this area?

This occurs everywhere. I am using Orbx FTX Global and Vector as my base scenery layers, however the lightmap textures load for airport apron/ramps such as in Aerosoft's Heathrow Xtended also load so its not an issue with the base scenery but some kind of FSX function for lightmap textures to load at a particular time at late afternoon and disappear in the late morning.

2a64biv.jpg

2djdm6d.jpg

1zn76kn.jpg

^ These are the hills around Barcelona. See how silly it looks.

Am I right in assuming this issue is not regarding night textures but the lightmap textures that blend ontop or bleed onto the day textures? Night textures (night textures of airport buildings and AI night textures) load later and can be altered by the [GRAPHICS] DAY_THRESHOLD=32768  NIGHT_THRESHOLD=0 setting. 

This occurs everywhere.

I didn't see you provide an answer to this question.

The only thing that I could possibly think that could cause this is if you had a corrupt timezone file bgl found in your scenery\base\scenery\timezone.bgl folder.

Have you altered or installed any updated time zone bgl's?

The reason I asked it, is because I am wondering if that file has been changed or is corrupt, that it's causing the sim to want to display night textures during the day time.

Are you using any type of program with FSX to sync the time or anything like that?

Didn't the sim ever work correctly without doing this?

The more details you can provide about what other addons you're using and the history of how you sim was working will make it easier to diagnose the issue as its not very common.

Am I right in assuming this issue is not regarding night textures but the lightmap textures that blend ontop or bleed onto the day textures? Night textures (night textures of airport buildings and AI night textures) load later and can be altered by the [GRAPHICS] DAY_THRESHOLD=32768 NIGHT_THRESHOLD=0 setting.

You shouldn't have to tweak those values for the sim to work properly. Most people probably don't even touch those number and their sim works fine.