Sign in to follow this  
vesalius

Airline2Sim Q400 Cadet Training Program - 50% off weekend

I was going to buy this but I stopped after watching the first demo. Between the accent and the fast talking it was very hard to understand what the instructor was saying. It seemed like I missed half of the words. Is the purchased product the same?

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I have no idea actually. I do not own the product. There has been quite some advertising around it when it got released... must be a year or so back. People were excited about this, I was very intreaged as well but I have no time to follow those trainings. I'm just a simmer who fires up FSX/P3D and take her for a spin. ;-)

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

I was going to buy this but I stopped after watching the first demo. Between the accent and the fast talking it was very hard to understand what the instructor was saying. It seemed like I missed half of the words. Is the purchased product the same?

Ted

I would point out that the preview section is recorded just as things get busy for a rather tense LOC DME landing at a short runway with no glideslope guidance, so by necessity the talking comes thick and fast.  We accept for a few people this can be a challenge to follow. That said, even non-native English speakers have found our Q400 product incredibly useful and the almost exclusive five star ratings on our Vimeo on Demand page and our Avsim gold star award is testament to it. It's not a training product in the strict sense of long videos explaining tiny details per se - it's following along with a simmer and a real airline pilot as they learn the Q400 from the ground up. Try it, you might like it. ;)

The discount code runs out at 23.59 GMT this evening, Sunday 19th Oct. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Thanks for the additional info/clarification "Airline2Sim". Much appreciated. I'm really tempted to buy your product. But I know myself... I won't used enough :(

And 15Euros is a bargain! But... I'm not sure I will learn from it, because I hardly have the time to practice the Dash8.

Again, still really tempted... only 2h20 minutes to go :)

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Try it, you might like it

I went to your website and clicked on "forum" at the top to get some more information. It took me to another page that didn't look like a forum. Then I saw the link that said "official forum" and that brought me back to your forum at Avsim, which I forgot was here. After reading through some threads I noticed that others have had the same difficulty understanding the instructor. 

I listened to the first demo lesson on a very old Windows XP laptop. After reading the forum threads, I listened to it again on my newer flight sim computer which is much more powerful, has Windows 7, and has a nice speaker system. I cranked up the volume on that and was able to understand more of what the instructor was saying, so I purchased it.

English (US) is my first language but I've always had a little trouble understanding the British or UK accent in movies.  Anyway, I'm giving it a go. Just watched Video 1 and understood most of it. The graphics were extremely crisp. I think the remaining ones I will stream to my TV which has a surround sound system and watch from the comfort of my couch with a pint.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I went to your website and clicked on "forum" at the top to get some more information. It took me to another page that didn't look like a forum. Then I saw the link that said "official forum" and that brought me back to your forum at Avsim, which I forgot was here. After reading through some threads I noticed that others have had the same difficulty understanding the instructor. 

I listened to the first demo lesson on a very old Windows XP laptop. After reading the forum threads, I listened to it again on my newer flight sim computer which is much more powerful, has Windows 7, and has a nice speaker system. I cranked up the volume on that and was able to understand more of what the instructor was saying, so I purchased it.

English (US) is my first language but I've always had a little trouble understanding the British or UK accent in movies.  Anyway, I'm giving it a go. Just watched Video 1 and understood most of it. The graphics were extremely crisp. I think the remaining ones I will stream to my TV which has a surround sound system and watch from the comfort of my couch with a pint.

Ted

Thanks Ted, I hope you enjoy it. The accent thing is a strange one for us Brits to get our heads around as we generally have no problems understanding US accents (although the ghetto talk in 'The Wire' did have me putting the subtitles on the DVD!) although saying that I was recently on holiday with a few people from Belfast in Northern Ireland. As you may know, true Belfastites speak with a very, very strong accent and at a very rapid pace. I honestly did not catch a fair bit of what they were saying, although they had no problems understanding one another.

So it's something we were unware of, to be honest but we will see how we can improve clarity on the next series.     

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com