Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Question for Airbus fans re: Aerosoft

believe me  pmdg its 100 times better if u see the list of bugs in aerosoft forum site you get old , at least 20 pages of bugs,,,,

It is a fantastic simulation. One of the best ever MFS aircraft addon packs (seeing what it offers for its very reasonable price).

Most systems are simulated (all you'd need as an armchair pilot, I would say). No failures - if you care (I never do).

Plus it contains a lot of neat features, like active cabin crew and co-pilots (they will read checklists and do some tasks).

There is a preset view panel for quick access if you wish to use it. Now the bus also has a working weather radar and terrain display.

The right MCDU plays a role of the in-sim manager. You can load fuel/pax/cargo from it directly (like in PMDG 777).

You can control the doors, ground connections, pushback and a lot more.

There's also a great Fuel Planner you can use before flight to calculate the necessary loads and prepare a loadsheet.

You can even print it with your real printer while in the cockpit.

It is very well balanced in terms of performance (I will safely land it where NGX or 777 will give me OOMs).

Plus there are extra goodies available like Virtual Avionics CDU (if you want an MCDU on your tablet - awesome!) and FS2Cew.

There is a very dedicated international team behind it, listening to customers and releasing fixes frequently.

The model is beautiful and the virtual cockpit is eye-catching (I personally love the RW airbus cockpit design very much).

You will find tones of quality liveries for it - hard not to find something I would say, lol.

Once again: this is a standard procedures captain simulation (and this is clearly stated in the description).

If you do like to fly as F/O and/or like to train failures - that may not the product you are looking for.

But if your simming is a standard procedure captain flying (as it is for me 100% of time), it is hard to regret the purchase.

I can't say how realistically it flies, as I am not a real world A32X pilot (I haven't even been at its flightdeck).

But there are several of them in the team testing and improving it all the time. And I've read they are satisfied.

All in all I love it!

PS The new A320/A321 should be out somewhere between November 5 and 10.

This one wasn't on my list, but after reading your comment, I am now actually seriously considering getting it.

Thank you for a great post.

believe me  pmdg its 100 times better if u see the list of bugs in aerosoft forum site you get old , at least 20 pages of bugs,,,,

Actually the 318/319 was perfectly usable out of the box, before the very small hotfixes and now SP1, which was released a couple of days ago.  No issues that were remotely showstoppers.

I'll leave it to others to judge/comment on the usefulness and accuracy of this citizen's post... 

Actually the 318/319 was perfectly usable out of the box, before the very small hotfixes and now SP1, which was released a couple of days ago.  No issues that were remotely showstoppers.

I'll leave it to others to judge/comment on the usefulness and accuracy of this citizen's post... 

Exactly no show stoppers and now most issues are gone p except for WXR radar it can be taxing - glad I am not hung up on that - prefer not to use it

Rich Sennett

WXR works like a charm here on Prepar3d v2.4 with ASN. Read all the posts on the Aerosoft forum about problems with the WXR but I never had any. Right from the beginning it worked just fine with almost no impact on FPS. And it's a great feature.

Regarding FS2Crew: It is definitely worth getting. The build-in copilot function is nice but then the copilot does almost everything (which is way too much). You are only left with flying the bus. That's not how it happens in real life. FS2Crew is much more fun as you have to do the PF tasks yourself. Plus, it's very immersive actually communicating with a copilot.

Overall, a great add-on.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

The best airbus so far. I'm waiting for FSLabs too, but this one is surprisingly well done by aerosoft. FBW is great(i have 3h logged in FFS A320). WXR works with all weather engines. The overhead is not completely simulated / clickable, and some other minor things are not simulated. Overall it is enjoyable to fly, and a pretty good deal, especialy if you add FS2Crew

Not to say don't get FS2Crew or anything but you can fly using the built in co-pilot and still do stuff.  Just do it before the co-pilot reads those things off in the checklist and they will be done by you, then verified during the checklist that they were in fact done.  This is how it's done in the real world too.  Perform the flow and then do the checklist to verify, right?

I have FS2Crew and like it of course.  It's "by the book" a little more(though who's book is that is, as stated, up in the air).  But the built in one is nice too and has the added advantage of being able to "tweak" the voices being used much easier.  With FS2Crew, you will forever be stuck w/ the same 3 pilot/copilot voices unless they decide to add more.  So, that's always been a plus for me for the built in one as it's nice to get that change sometimes.

Just wanted to also add my two thumbs up for this aircraft too.  Excellent aircraft.  Just perfect for the "day to day" operations.  Nothing too much extra to make the a/c more "heavy" than it needs to be.  Performs excellent.  If you don't need failures or care about the temp of some fluid flowing through some line somewhere, this aircraft is just perfect!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

No brainer Mark - get them - also support is amazing Mathijs listens and makes all changes needed in amazing turn around times - just read the manual on hardware setup meaning your throttle setup as it is different than Boeing can be a little tricky but worth it - the co-pilot voice and doing all of the needed work alone is amazing

Fully in agreement with you here, Rich. I found both with or without the FS2Crew add-on a sheer joy to use. Great to hand-fly to cruise and from TOD, etc. And that female PNF is lovely, specially when she pronounces the ADRS !

Difficult to say how close to the real one . However, I love this Airbus so much that since it came out I have not toched any other "high end" airplane.

I believe it is a very enjoyable aircraft - worth the money. My only gripe is that is has no wing-flex which to me makes it feel a bit static. Once at cruise altitude I enjoy wing views but I miss the wing-flex on the Aerosoft Airbus models. For years I flew a real Citation X and even that had a tiny bit of flex - especially in turbulence - the Aerosoft Airbus has wings as stiff as a board.

I fly the A320/319 RW and I find the Aerosoft 320 very emersive. I practice raw data ILS's in the sim as the display is not intuitive and a real challenge. It's a piece of cake with the FD on. I have messed with the latest version but I use the previous version quit a bit. I'm looking forward to messing around with the 318/319 software.

The FBW in the Aerosoft seems very much like the real thing. The real joystick in the Airbus has no feel and no traiming, just centering springs. The plane goes where you point it, set a pitch and bank and it stays there, give or take.

you can fly using the built in co-pilot and still do stuff.  Just do it before the co-pilot reads those things off in the checklist and they will be done by you, then verified during the checklist that they were in fact done.

True that.  Great for learning the aircraft and for regular ops afterward as well if used along the lines you describe, for verification that the flows were right.   FS2Crew may be more authentic when it comes to division of labor (I gather it is, even if it's based on a particular SOP) but as noted, it's also a bit more rigid.  So it's possible I overstated the case - either option works well.  In fact, I'm going back and forth between them - sometimes trying to get the hang of the aircraft and sometimes the hang of FS2Crew.  Haven't fully settled on a favorite yet. 

And that female PNF is lovely, specially when she pronounces the ADRS !

She does in fact have charm...  B)

Can you fly the A318CJ that British Airways flies? Is that version simulated?

Yes - included as one of the options in the download, with steep approach modeled.