First of all, please, no one should take this post the wrong way. Hurricane Gozalo is bearing down on Bermuda and the consequences for the island could be very grave, as was evidenced by Hurricane Fabian in 2003. But if any island nation can somewhat withstand a direct hit from a Category 3 hurricane, Bermuda can. It has the most detailed construction requirements and it's emergency preparedness is second to none. I want to emphasize that I have been to Bermuda in the past and I do take the situation there seriously. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people there.

But these RL circumstances also allow for testing of ASN's hurricane simulation capabilities. So far, the weather at TXKF is rain and sustained 35 Kt winds. It is barely possible to fly either the MS Trike ultralight or any of the light helicopters such as the Robinson. It is possible to fly the Dodosim Bell 206, although I'm not sure how long that will be true. With REX textures and the water set to Ultra (1 m mesh, tessellation at max) in P3d, the wave simulation is quite realistic. Anyone else taking a look with FSX or P3d, even if it's just sitting on the runway?

Yes. I did a flight using the Manfred Jahn C-47 and P3D from the airport into the eye and back when the storm was still about 100 miles south. I did a post with several screen shots on the Gallery page of the AS site showing the flight and what AS Next for P3D gave me. It was pretty impressive. You can see the screen shots there.