Sign in to follow this  
luscombeguy

Big problem with the NGX

After my NGX working perfectly since I got it, now I have a big problem. On both the 700 and 800 I do as I have always done, program the FMC with SIDS and STARS, and start the flight with VNAV and LNAV after I get to about 2000 ft. The plane climbs very vast (about 5000 fpm) but hits the restrictions ok. Then when climbing to cruise altitude it climbs at 8000-9000 fpm, usually overshoots the cruise altitude and the A/T throttles the engines back to idle. I can turn the A/T off and run the throttles manually and continue the flight but it takes about 60% power to stay at 340 IAS and not overspeed. But though it shows 340 IAS at FL350 the Mach # is only .450 or so, and the groundspeed agrees. I have used the search function but can find no answer. That is for you Kyle :P. For right now I think my only option is to uninstall the NGX and reinstall. One question I have, if I install the original 800-900 and then the 600-700 do I have to install anything except the SP1c for each of them? Any advice would be welcome.

Jerry

Jerry Sterner

Make certain that in FSX>Settings>Realism Display Indicated Airspeed is checked and not True Airspeed.

Thanks for the reply Michael, yes it is indicated. This is a problem that just started, I have changed nothing in FSX in a long time. I suspect something in the NGX got corrupted somehow. I guess I will uninstall the NGX and reinstall.

Jerry Sterner

Yeah, this has got "weather program" plastered all over it! What's the OAT? try a flight without using any weather addon and just use FSX native weather and see if the problem reoccurs. After that you can start troubleshooting. This is what I would do at least...

This sounds just like the problem I am/was having. The same thing was happening to me with my NGX out of the blue. It is an ASN SP1 issue. Here is a link to the ASN forum where other users are describing the problem. It looks like they know about it and are working to fix it: http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?3879-Sporadically-incorrect-KIAS-at-altitude/page2

My workaround was to downgrade from SP1 back to ASN.

That thread looks like it pertains to P3D V 2.4 not FSX.

If you look at the developer's post on the previous page, he is talking about problems with ASN/FSX communication.

Ah good. I didn't update yet.
Looks like I'll leave updates till after Cross the Pond and WorldFlight :P

I have used the search function but can find no answer. That is for you Kyle .

Thanks for checking!  Looks like you found a 'new' issue anyway.

Luckily, my ASN SP1 isn't giving me issues like this. Yet? I've been running it for quite a few hours (4 trans-Atlantics, 2 intra-EU, 1 US medium haul), though...

Ah good. I didn't update yet.
Looks like I'll leave updates till after Cross the Pond and WorldFlight

I haven't run into any issues yet, but as someone who's ITIL Certified*, I'd recommend avoiding the potential interference for the big event by waiting on the update!

(*Yay partially worthless certs!  If anyone is looking for a test to take that's literally simply common sense, and people will pay you more for it, have a look at the ITIL stuff...then again...common sense isn't truly common, is it?)

Kyle Rodgers

After my NGX working perfectly since I got it, now I have a big problem. On both the 700 and 800 I do as I have always done, program the FMC with SIDS and STARS, and start the flight with VNAV and LNAV after I get to about 2000 ft. The plane climbs very vast (about 5000 fpm) but hits the restrictions ok. Then when climbing to cruise altitude it climbs at 8000-9000 fpm, usually overshoots the cruise altitude and the A/T throttles the engines back to idle. I can turn the A/T off and run the throttles manually and continue the flight but it takes about 60% power to stay at 340 IAS and not overspeed. But though it shows 340 IAS at FL350 the Mach # is only .450 or so, and the groundspeed agrees. I have used the search function but can find no answer. That is for you Kyle :P. For right now I think my only option is to uninstall the NGX and reinstall. One question I have, if I install the original 800-900 and then the 600-700 do I have to install anything except the SP1c for each of them? Any advice would be welcome.

Jerry

The issue is with ASN SP1. Visit the ASN forum on their website as a beta fix is available for download. I installed the fix yesterday, it fixed the problem of climb rates in excess of 9000 FPM  and erroneous cruise problems.  

http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?3879-Sporadically-incorrect-KIAS-at-altitude

Bob