Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[18OCT14] PMDG 777-200LR/F and 777-300ER SP1C Updates Released

I don't understand what you saying. Could you please write your post in a different way. Is this a problem or some kind of inside joke? Thank you.

Not a joke at all.

Try to load cold and dark state, wait for aircraft to configure, and then load default (take off ready) panel state. 

I opened a topic after SP1 has been released:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446699-live-change-of-panel-states-still-doesnt-work/

Not a joke at all.

Try to load cold and dark state, wait for aircraft to configure, and then load default (take off ready) panel state. 

I opened a topic after SP1 has been released:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446699-live-change-of-panel-states-still-doesnt-work/

Why is it important to be able to set 2 subsequent panel states? .... Can't you just load the correct panel state that you require, first time?

Why is it important to be able to set 2 subsequent panel states? .... Can't you just load the correct panel state that you require, first time?

Not just that two states, almost any combination will brake something in 777.

Of course I can load correct panel state, but that would require few minutes to load sim, then set up default panel state, and then restart the sim with few minutes more of waiting. For that time, I can start it up without changing panel states. 

Additionally, that feature works nicely in NGX, so one would expect the same in T7. After all, if they cannot fix it, why the option is available in setup menu?

Of course I can load correct panel state, but that would require few minutes to load sim, then set up default panel state, and then restart the sim with few minutes more of waiting. For that time, I can start it up without changing panel states. 

But you'll be doing that only once. Next time you load the 777 it will load the default panel state you set the first time.

But you'll be doing that only once. Next time you load the 777 it will load the default panel state you set the first time.

But next time, I want different panel state.  :lol:  

I agree, it's not a big deal, aircraft is flyable, this is just a tiny problem, but extremely annoying when you want to test something and need to reset situation several times. 

I understand there were more important issues to resolve with previous service pack versions, but we are already at SP1c, and I'm not sure we will get next version of SP1. If that's a case, live panel state load will be broken for good.

I've loaded a new panel state after initialization on numerous occasions, but never with the default cold and dark state. Are you using the updated panel states?  There was a problem with cold and dark months ago, maybe that is related?

Set up a saved flight with the short panel state and after initialization (you have to let the countdown complete) then use the CDU PMDG Options to load the desired panel. Does that work?

Set up a saved flight with your own panel state, then load a different panel after initialization.

All I'm sayin is you have an uncommon problem, there's bound to be a solution such as erasing old panels and running installer repair to replace them.

Dan Downs KCRP

Set up a saved flight with the short panel state and after initialization (you have to let the countdown complete) then use the CDU PMDG Options to load the desired panel. Does that work?

It doesn't work. All panel states are default, and updated per installation instructions RSR, or Ryan wrote at this forum.

Simply, when I change to take off ready state and wait through countdown, engines are not spooled up, IDGs doesn't work, and aircraft degrade to battery power. Additionally, aircraft get corrupted, and cannot be used for flight.

You lost me. If you have a take off ready state then that is not a default panel state. Maybe I am getting lost when you say 'change to take off ready state.' Which panel state is that? Which state did you begin with?

Dan Downs KCRP

Awesome news, and I can't wait to hear the upcoming news (hopefully it invokes the 747 and some news of the ngx :)).

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

You lost me. If you have a take off ready state then that is not a default panel state. Maybe I am getting lost when you say 'change to take off ready state.' Which panel state is that? Which state did you begin with?

Ok, here we go again with scenario:

1. CDU>PMDG Setup>Startup state is set to "777 Long"

2. Reset whole FSX

3. PMDG 777 is loaded again > "Initializing all systems" pops up in green tape and begin countdown

4. Countdown is finished and "777 Long" panel state is loaded successfully

5. CDU>PMDG Setup>Panel STATE LOAD is set to "777 Default" 

6. "Initializing all systems" pops up in green tape and begin countdown

7. Countdown is finished and aircraft goes mad, unusable for flight.

Can you test this and confirm if you experience the same?

I'm referring to PMDG provided panel states dated with 18. July 2014.

Kinda wish you had started new thread for this problem.

Anyway, yes, I can reproduce trying to load DEFAULT panel state on top on any panel state where engines are not running does not work. However, if you set startup state back to default and restart/reset FSX then the B777 will load and initialize with engines running as expected.

I never thought to try this during beta testing. I think the result would have been a note in the INTRO that you cannot bypass start up procedures by changing panel state from engines shut down to engines running. There is just too much going on under the hood to expect this to happen with a panel state change.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish?  Maybe there is a better way??

Dan Downs KCRP

Kinda wish you had started new thread for this problem.

I started it few months ago, just being ignored.

There is just too much going on under the hood to expect this to happen with a panel state change.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish?  Maybe there is a better way??

If that's a case, why the Panel state load is still present. It works well in NGX. Additionally, there are no any warnings/conditions about usage of this options.

That option is really useful to me when I want to test something, and repeat it multiple times. Restarting FSX after every test scenario is not an option.

Nothing is broken. Again, what are your trying to accomplish?

Dan Downs KCRP

Nothing is broken. Again, what are your trying to accomplish?

That option is really useful to me when I want to test something, and repeat it multiple times. Restarting FSX after every test scenario is not an option. 

But, it's not about what I'm trying to accomplish, because the option exists and it's not instructed that I cannot use it in the way I described. Also, it works in that way in NGX, so why wouldn't in T7?

I'll quote introduction manual:

...you can then reload this panel condition in the future and find all switches and system in the desired settings.

It's obvious that the panel state load function doesn't work as described.

Short question (perhaps I missed it): Is it required/recommended to delete all panel state files prior to installing 1c like the previous sp's?