Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[18OCT14] PMDG 777-200LR/F and 777-300ER SP1C Updates Released

I agree, the INTRO needs a slightly modified description of panel states to include an exception for the inability to bypass engine starts by loading an engine running scenario over an engine shutoff state. As beta tester, I try to do a few things that are illogical just to test how the program responds and to make sure it doesn't crash. This was one that I would have never thought of on my own.

Still, you haven't answered the question underlying this exchange: What are you trying to accomplish? You said you are testing something, what might that be?

Finally, the T7 is different from the 737 in many many ways and that's not just a cop-out, the modelling of the engine start sequence alone is significantly more complex. The introduction manual warns that you cannot compare the two, and I guess an unintended consequence is that it can be extended to panel state behavior.

Dan Downs KCRP

Short question (perhaps I missed it): Is it required/recommended to delete all panel state files prior to installing 1c like the previous sp's?

No.

It's obvious that the panel state load function doesn't work as described

tried your  scenario  loaded  the long version   saved this as my start up state   exited fsx  and than restarted  it   long state   loaded up fine.   Than selected  the default panel state and things went  south alarms started going off etc as you  have explained, than I loaded  the other panel states  with no issues.  Seems that loading  the default panel state is  the cause of  the issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Did you try to load the same panel State again after it failed?

no   didn't  try  loading  the default  panel   again  will try that next time   when I load  it up again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Additionally, that feature works nicely in NGX, so one would expect the same in T7. After all, if they cannot fix it, why the option is available in setup menu?

Actually there's an issue with the NGX panel states too. A thread is currently open about it.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451758-problem-to-save-panelstate-with-apu-running/

Not as big a problem as you reported here. In that case the APU runs down when it should be running.

Initialising complex simulations from snapshot saves is not as simple as it appears. The more complex the sim the more difficult it becomes to get right. You need to ensure any important variable which is integrated or which latches is saved with the panel state. The order in which modules are initialised after the data is reloaded is crucial. If you can't be sure of the execution order of the various simulation modules then you can never be sure the reload will work correctly. That could mean it is unfixable or at least very time consuming to fix.

=========================================================

Back on topic, very grateful for the update. I missed the announcement on Saturday and only found out when I opened the OC this evening. I tried downloading the updates automatically and all worked well, including auto recovery of liveries entries which got overwritten. Good to see the product updates via the OC now work so well.

ki9cAAb.jpg

On a slightly different note- but sure to check in with the forum during the week next week.  We have a bunch of news to share with you- most of which we think you will be quite happy about.

We stay tuned  :wink:

- TONY -

Patrick, you have sharp eyes  B)

Did you see the price?  :lol:

- TONY -

I'm rather new with PMDG but I guessed so for the price.

Again, good catch Patrick  :clapping: and thank you for sharing.

I'm not on P3D but guys who are will certainly be happy!

- TONY -

"On a slightly different note- but sure to check in with the forum during the week next week.  We have a bunch of news to share with you- most of which we think you will be quite happy about."[/size]

I hope this means what I think it means Rob[/size]

Me thinks this polishing is to get ready for another un-named simulator     [/size] :t4020: 

You and me both!

On a slightly different note- but sure to check in with the forum during the week next week.  We have a bunch of news to share with you- most of which we think you will be quite happy about.

Has anyone found the updates, or are we still on PMDG time?

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Has anyone found the updates, or are we still on PMDG time?

Yeah, when RSR makes a forecast involving a time frame I suspect he is just teasing us. Anybody that has made a living around IT knows that any project costs 3x as much and takes 3x as long as your wildest expectation, as a minimum. It's devilish hard to forecast.

Dan Downs KCRP

Another last minute post by PMDG as always.

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU