Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

News from iFly

Yeah we know, there's a thread about it already.

1.PNG

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Whatever iFly make, it is going to be awesome.

You are totally entitled to your opinion. However, maybe a better business decision might have been a plane with less competition. There's the PMDG offering incoming as well as the Aerowinx trainer that is already out. Of course, I'm not even counting the plethora of simpler 747s from other developers.

From what little I know I have nothing good to say about iFly so I will say nothing, BUT, I'm thinking there is a significant portion of this niche market that will pass on their 747 addon. However, if they went with a plane with less of a presence in FSX/P3D they may have realized more potential sales. Time will tell.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

There's no telling when v2 of the PMDG 747 will be out. It doesn't appear that it will be anytime soon and I don't see too many people forking over $400 for the Aerowinx version. It may fill a gap just like their NGX did.

NAX669.png

There's no telling when v2 of the PMDG 747 will be out. It doesn't appear that it will be anytime soon and I don't see too many people forking over $400 for the Aerowinx version. It may fill a gap just like their NGX did.

There's no guarantee Ifly version will be out any sooner. 

It appears from their post of just a little while ago that it won't be too much longer. It will at least give an option for P3D.

NAX669.png

There's no guarantee Ifly version will be out any sooner.

From first post published by Jannier before this one:

"Our team have been all working extremely hard to deliver our next product before the end of the year and the good news...., it looks like they have achieved their aim."

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12384&FID=1&PR=3&title=something-special-is-on-a-long-final

"Our team have been all working extremely hard to deliver our next product before the end of the year and the good news...., it looks like they have achieved their aim."

Hmm interesting, well if it truly gets released this year I'll might consider getting it.

There are a lot of airplanes that need a quality fsx/p3d version, so why a 747 when PMDG are releasing a v2 this year or next?

IFLY did the same with their 737, released very close with the PMDG 737. I still love the IFLY Products.

Screenshots look very nice. For people with multiple displays and home cockpits, ifly products are much better than PMDG with much better price than aerowinx.