Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

airport symbols

I am so happy with this addon that I barely dare to ask for a small modification.

Is it possible to exclude default airport symbols on the map but keeping all addon airports? I really love this nice feature that some addon airports are displayed with different colors depending on manucfacturer. Maybe there should be an additional color for all other non-default airports.

Cheers,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi Harry,

I cannot do exactly what you want, but I could add an option to hide all airports on the map that do not have a publisher assigned to them. Would that be of any use? Just in case you missed it in the user guide: you can add your own publishers to the default list, select an icon color for the publisher and then select this publisher for each airport you have installed from this publisher.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi g_precentralis,

Don't you? Just kidding, yes it's on my whish list.

Maarten

P.S.: next time please sign with your real name; it's nice to know who I'm talking to

Hi g_precentralis,

Don't you? Just kidding, yes it's on my whish list.

Sry, English is not my native language, tnx for answer. :smile:

Hi Harry,

I cannot do exactly what you want, but I could add an option to hide all airports on the map that do not have a publisher assigned to them. Would that be of any use?

Maarten

I guess that should do it. Thank you Marteen.

Cheers,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi Harry,

OK, I will see what I can do, but I don't have much time the coming days.

Maarten

P.S.: I know it's difficult for all of you that don't speak Dutch, but it's really Maarten (double a, one e) not Martin, Maartin, Marteen, Marteens or any other variation :smile2: )

P.S.: I know it's difficult for all of you that don't speak Dutch, but it's really Maarten (double a, one e) not Martin, Maartin, Marteen, Marteens or any other variation  

Like St. Maarten, princess Juliana airport? Easy-peasy.  :lol:

Hi Harry,

OK, I will see what I can do, but I don't have much time the coming days.

Maarten

P.S.: I know it's difficult for all of you that don't speak Dutch, but it's really Maarten (double a, one e) not Martin, Maartin, Marteen, Marteens or any other variation :smile2: )

No need for a hurry. The program is so good as it is. And sorry for the misspelling, I should know it better.

Cheers,

Harry J. Martin

- Harry 

First, many thanks for this ingenious "swiss pocket knife" program.

It would be cool if we had an option for in the "user definded airport publisher" dialog to choose a folder where these reside. For instance, I'd like to have all my airports that are in "addon scenery" and subfolders marked as "generic addon airport".

Regards,

Markus

Hi Markus,

Airports for the default publishers are detected based on a pattern search, e.g. for FSDreamTeam I look at all files in subfolders of the [simulator folder\FSDreamTeam folder, take the text before the first underscore, check if the text is 3 or 4 characters long and if the text matches an airport ICAO ID. You can't just say 'take all airports in this folder', because I don't know how to detect an airport without a file pattern.

For now you will have to assign a publisher to an airport one by one.

Hope this makes things clearer, Maarten