Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Got PrecipitFX snow effects working in p3dv2 AMAZING!

I got PrecipitFX rain and snow effects working and they look amazing!!! I know they are making a P3dv2 version, and I will gladly buy it when they release it but after flying in FSX with the great snow effects of PrecipitFX I couldn't stand to deal with P3d's horrid stock ones so using EMT I installed the precipitation effects and I cant get over how great they look compared to stock. They look real and the best part is no more cone effect when flying in rain or snow.

Enjoy the screens PA-46 taking off from PAJN

Light snow.

2014_10_18_15_9_55_65.jpg

Moderate.

2014_10_18_15_10_9_719.jpg

2014_10_18_15_10_55_479.jpg

2014_10_18_15_11_19_247.jpg

2014_10_18_15_11_22_6.jpg

2014_10_18_15_11_30_926.jpg

2014_10_18_15_11_35_43.jpg

2014_10_18_15_11_58_185.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

DOes this PrecpX effect the FPS esepcaiully in the VC at all?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

DOes this PrecpX effect the FPS esepcaiully in the VC at all?

No smooth as butter!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Looks awesome. I've got my credit card burning a hole in my pocket waiting for their P3D version....

Could you post screens - VC in motion with moderate rain and snow, please?

I got PrecipitFX rain and snow effects working and they look amazing!!! I know they are making a P3dv2 version, and I will gladly buy it 

Been waiting for the P3D version - really want this - anyway is the snow the only thing working what about rain - how does it look - thanks for sharing this

Rich Sennett

Could you post screens - VC in motion with moderate rain and snow, please?

Screens #4 and #7 are both from the VC while flying!

Been waiting for the P3D version - really want this - anyway is the snow the only thing working what about rain - how does it look - thanks for sharing this

The rain looks great too and I'm not sure about the other effects as I only installed the precipitation effects but they look fine so I see no reason not to just go ahead and buy it.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The rain looks great too and I'm not sure about the other effects as I only installed the precipitation effects but they look fine so I see no reason not to just go ahead and buy it.

Thanks Brother - appreciate it - no brainer 

Rich Sennett

That's good to know. It would be interesting to see if the contrails and wingtip vortices also work...

Cheers!

Hmm how do I know it installed correctly - there was no path verifying where it was installing - this is weird - thanks Dave

Rich Sennett

Hmm how do I know it installed correctly - there was no path verifying where it was installing - this is weird - thanks Dave

Yea the install is kinda weird, but If the EMT's virtual FSX is enabled when you start the installer then it should install into the P3Dv2 directory. Now all you have to do is load p3d and see if it worked.

I can't wait to get ASN and fly though some winter storms with this.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hi Dave:

Its working for sure as you can see - I did not have engine precip before - also for some crazy reason my fps are better - dont know why - I did not see wing precip but didnt fly long enough or high enough maybe - another thing which was a bit weird was in f22 sitting on runway I had precip flowing out of head light - loos like what should have been flowing out of wing tips - also took off and briefly saw precip on wing tips - looked great didnt last very long - anyway snow is awesome and rain is still a bit white but all and all great find - no fps hit what so ever - amazing - Oh yah Brother

Looking forward to an official P3D version

rrjwus.jpg

Rich Sennett

Hi Dave:

Its working for sure as you can see - I did not have engine precip before - also for some crazy reason my fps are better - dont know why - I did not see wing precip but didnt fly long enough or high enough maybe - another thing which was a bit weird was in f22 sitting on runway I had precip flowing out of head light - loos like what should have been flowing out of wing tips - also took off and briefly saw precip on wing tips - looked great didnt last very long - anyway snow is awesome and rain is still a bit white but all and all great find - no fps hit what so ever - amazing - Oh yah Brother

Looking forward to an official P3D version

rrjwus.jpg

Yea they say on there facebook it doesn't work right in V2 due to some issues that LM has to fix, but I bought it for the new rain and snow effects so if the contrails and other stuff works in p3dv2 even better. As for the FPS they did say they are optimized so maybe they cause less demand than the default effects.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yea they say on there facebook it doesn't work right in V2 due to some issues that LM has to fix, but I bought it for the new rain and snow effects so if the contrails and other stuff works in p3dv2 even better. As for the FPS they did say they are optimized so maybe they cause less demand than the default effects.

Good find - I can live with it until official version - price is right IMO - thanks again Dave - good stuff

Rich Sennett