Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Got PrecipitFX snow effects working in p3dv2 AMAZING!

Screens #4 and #7 are both from the VC while flying!

I was thinking about forward view, like on screen #3 ;)

For me it's a quite nice forward step with snow, but still snowflakes look like meteroites ;/

I was thinking about forward view, like on screen #3 ;)

For me it's a quite nice forward step with snow, but still snowflakes look like meteroites ;/

I would assume once made P3D ready it will rock for now it much better than what we have - 13 dollars was worth it to hold me over - snow seems more impressive than rain to me so far

Rich Sennett

Well I would byt it now if I were sure P3D version would be upgrade for free ;)

Well I would byt it now if I were sure P3D version would be upgrade for free ;)

That is my question also!?

Do we have any information about this?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is my question also!?

Do we have any information about this?

Here's what they answered me on Facebook, when I asked about the P3D version: "Hi Stefano, sorry for not giving a response on your previous post. We are waiting for Lockheed Martin to fix visual effect bugs in P3D right now. We currently have no idea how much time it's going to take. It will be a free update for current PrecipitFX owners."

Cheers!

Many thanks for that info Stefano!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

We are waiting for Lockheed Martin to fix visual effect bugs in P3D right now.

Does anyone know what the bug is that they are referring to?

Here's what they answered me on Facebook, when I asked about the P3D version: "Hi Stefano, sorry for not giving a response on your previous post. We are waiting for Lockheed Martin to fix visual effect bugs in P3D right now. We currently have no idea how much time it's going to take. It will be a free update for current PrecipitFX owners."

Cheers!

Free update - nice - now its a no brainer to buy - you wont regret it 

Does anyone know what the bug is that they are referring to?

No idea what is broken but from what I have seen most seems to be working - especially rain and snow

Rich Sennett

Hi guys, Keven here, from FSFX Packages.

I'm happy about the results shown in screenshots above. Prepar3D looks amazing and we can't wait to have PrecipitFX and other products released for it.

Currently, there is a problem with the way effects are interacting with the ground in P3D preventing us from porting engine blasts and wheel sprays. We don't want to simply release the FSX version for Prepar3D, we want to enhance it to take full advantage of Prepar3D's added performance and optimized graphics. Rain and snow textures will probably remain as they are but wingtip vortices will be enhanced and so will engine blasts and wheel sprays.

I hope you guys all like this package! It's the first step in a series of effects packages of incredible quality.

If any of you have constructive feedbacks to give, drop us a line using the feedback button on http://fsfx.oldprop.com

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I'm happy about the results shown in screenshots above. Prepar3D looks amazing and we can't wait to have PrecipitFX and other products released for it.

Currently, there is a problem with the way effects are interacting with the ground in P3D preventing us from porting engine blasts and wheel sprays. We don't want to simply release the FSX version for Prepar3D, we want to enhance it to take full advantage of Prepar3D's added performance and optimized graphics. Rain and snow textures will probably remain as they are but wingtip vortices will be enhanced and so will engine blasts and wheel sprays.

I hope you guys all like this package! It's the first step in a series of effects packages of incredible quality.

If any of you have constructive feedbacks to give, drop us a line using the feedback button on http://fsfx.oldprop.com

Awesome thanks for stopping by - your explanation seems spot on from what I am seeing - cant wait to see the end results - also looking forward to any other updates on your progress - great stuff

Rich Sennett

I just want to thank you guys for making this package. The poor rain and snow effects in FSX and P3D have always hurt immersion and have been over looked by other developers, but now that I have Precipitfx installed I feel like I'm in the real thing!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Been waiting for the P3D version - really want this - anyway is the snow the only thing working what about rain - how does it look - thanks for sharing this

I can confirm that PrecipitFX works great in P3D, makes an amazing difference.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I can confirm that PrecipitFX works great in P3D, makes an amazing difference.

Picked it up last weekend - should be great when P3D compatible - pretty neat as it is also 

Rich Sennett

Is EMT required to install the current PrecipitFX into P3D 2.4 ?

Thats how I did it. The program doesn't ask for a directory but there are ways to trick your computer to install things in the p3d folder even if they are aimed to the FSX one without EMT but EMT makes it simple.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.