Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Boeing 757/767. The series that has been forgotten.

Something that I have been thinking for the past few days a troubling thought that continues to wonder around my mind. After seeing the progress that Airbus aircraft have had in the past few years with Aerosoft, Wilco (yes I know), and the upcoming FsLabs A320. They all seem to have in common that they want to make a line of Airbus Products featuring A330/A340. When I look at Boeing products in the other hand for the flight simulation community I can think of 3 active products being developed and some of them are just being forgotten.

For example the 757 has seen the Quality Wings that did a medium level simulation with it, but I can't say I have as much fun as the 777 where it is so in depth I feel like I am nearly in it. Then we have the Captain Sim 757, who till this day has so many bugs that I can't stand to fly a two leg trip because it is so obvious there are glitches. Good luck having the Level D 757 in this lifetime. Speaking of Level D the 767 it is now 10 years old. The plane flies great but its obvious that the age on it is very 2004 and Nvidia 5000GT series friendly so we are at a HUGE gap. Captain Sim is again just awful, and that is it for those two great birds we see every day in the skies around most people's houses. We are lucky that we have a great 737/777 and an upcoming 747, but I can't help noticing that the 767/757 are being forgotten. Perhaps abandoned.

It seems obvious that the future for flight simulator at least for the next 5 years will be long haul or medium. There is just a big gap, an even bigger disconnect in the planes that we saw years ago being developed by the back then great developers. Today they seem dead. They seem as quite and as unplugged as the ACES team at Microsoft.

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I agree, it's a real shame. Perhaps the situation would be different if Level D openly admitted that the 757 project is dead, I think them claiming they are working on one probably kept some other developers from creating one, thankfully QW did it anyway with decent complexity. 

• Upvote 1

I remember we couldn't get a decent Airbus in FS do to how difficult it was to produce in FS versus a Boeing. Realistic Buses are long over due. I agree concerning the 757/767 but things will come back around. I was hoping iFly would have given us some good news in this area but alas their doing a 744. I guess it makes since for them to go back and do their original effort justice. They would have made one heck of a 757/767 package.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It is just simply sad that we cannot get quality aircraft for such a successful pair of planes. I remember that I only used to fly back in the FS2004 days the Level D 767 and the PSS 757. Now I cant stand being in those planes.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I agree. I have French relatives over until the end of this week, and they're flying 767s with United both ways. It's so uncared for. Everybody thinks that the 757 is only used internationally by Icelandair. They couldn't be more wrong. I live 15 minutes east of KIAD, and I've seen with my own two eyes a United 757 from Dublin. Sure, they may be used mostly in the US, but they're also used elsewhere. Plus, lots of European airlines use them. Thomas Cook, British Airways, etc., etc. They're used all over the place, but nobody pays attention to them. As for the 767, what's got to be about half of United's Transatlantic flight use them. It makes me sad to see such great airliners left uncared for.

• Upvote 1

It is just simply sad that we cannot get quality aircraft for such a successful pair of planes. I remember that I only used to fly back in the FS2004 days the Level D 767 and the PSS 757. Now I cant stand being in those planes.

Wait a minute...  :blink:   The Level-D 767 is still a great bird even by today's standards (there's a VC mod that updates the textures making the VC look a bit nicer than the original default).  Yes the VC is dated but not to the point it's looking like Ready For Pushback's 742.  I'm in full agreement concerning the PSS 757 but Level-D is still a great offering even today.  :p0504:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

And there is a daily Delta and US Airways 757 rotation from my local airport, Manchester  too, to add to your observations, Richmond. Asides from the British charter carriers.

Do not see all that many 767s. Mind you, it's been a while since I saw the Israeli El-Al 767-300ER in, as I do not go there as often as I used to

Wait a minute...  :blink:   The Level-D 767 is still great bird even by today's standards (there's a VC mod that updates the textures making the VC look very nice).  Yes the VC is dated but not to the point it's looking like Ready For Pushback's 742.  I'm in full agreement concerning the PSS 757 but Level-D is still a great offering even today.  :p0504:

Where's the mod found?? Have you got shots of it??

• Upvote 1

Cheers Josh Cliff

It's nothing special. It brings it up from horrible to near-PMDG-747 quality.

The FMC still lacks a lot of functions, the fonts are completely wrong, there's quite a lot to update on the LD767.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

And there is a daily Delta and US Airways 757 rotation from my local airport, Manchester too, to add to your observations, Richmond. Asides from the British charter carriers.

Do not see all that many 767s. Mind you, it's been a while since I saw the Israeli El-Al 767-300ER in, as I do not go there as often as I used to

There are plenty of airlines that use 757s. I used United as an example because KIAD is a HUGE United hub. I used Thompson Cook because all the videos of Skiathos, St. Maarten, etc. have Thompson Cook. I used British Airways as an example because the JF Freemium comes with a BA livery. No real reason to any of them. But yes, there are lots of examples.

As to the Level-D/QW thing, I can't provide my amazing wisdom because I'm pretty broke and all I can afford is the Just Flight 757. I do have the NGX, but my only payware is PMDG and the Aerosoft Twin Otter X, but the only reason I have the Twotter is that it was 50% off until 19:00 EST yesterday. However, I can say that the JF is decent as far as payware goes, and is probably the best freeware out there. It really is payware-quality freeware.

Aha, Richmond, I clearly forgot those Thomas Cook charter 757s too, not to mention Thomson too, but again I have not seen too many of the Thomson liveries.

Agreed. LVLD 767 is still a sweet bird even if you can't see the screw heads and no finger prints on the HSI. The 767 is used on transcon as well as intercon flights so there is a lot of variety in route selection. T7 has pushed her aside for now but she is still on my hard drive. 

Vic green

Agreed. LVLD 767 is still a sweet bird even if you can't see the screw heads and no finger prints on the HSI. The 767 is used on transcon as well as intercon flights so there is a lot of variety in route selection. T7 has pushed her aside for now but she is still on my hard drive. 

Luckily, the T7 hasn't pushed her aside yet. Like I said, I live right next to KIAD. That means that I know a lot of the routes. There are almost no Transatlantic United routes with T7s. They're pretty much all 767s. Sure, the 747 and 777 may do a few routes here and there, but most of United's routes from KIAD to Europe are all 757s and 767s. The T7s are mainly used Transpacific with United. You may think I'm focusing too much on United, but if you look at KIAD on any given day, over 50% of the planes there will be United. United operates tons of Transatlantic flights from KIAD. Some of the TA flights I can list off of the top of my head are Dulles-Rome, Dulles-Paris, and Dulles-Munich. There are many more. Trust me. The 767 is still widely used in some places.

Level D B767 still is making a very happy virtual flyer. And I keep some hopes for that 757....

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////