Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Boeing 757/767. The series that has been forgotten.

What I wonder is why the Level D 767 is still selling for the full price, given the age of the software and the lack of an update. I would think the price would drop at some point, yet it doesn't. Personally, I would never buy it now for that reason.

• Upvote 1

What I wonder is why the Level D 767 is still selling for the full price, given the age of the software and the lack of an update. I would think the price would drop at some point, yet it doesn't. Personally, I would never buy it now for that reason.

Maybe because it's that good and nothing has topped it on the FS market.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I gave it a flight last night. In systems the plane flies marvelous. I am thinking that perhaps just converting the VC textures to HD 2048*2048 textures would make a huge difference. The plane flies great and exterior model looks great. Its that damn cockpit that kills it. Those textures are just bland. Even with the updated textures. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I gave it a flight last night. In systems the plane flies marvelous. I am thinking that perhaps just converting the VC textures to HD 2048*2048 textures would make a huge difference. The plane flies great and exterior model looks great. Its that damn cockpit that kills it. Those textures are just bland. Even with the updated textures. 

Get this.  Make's all the difference in the VC (I just can't figure out how to get the gauges to display right at night in the Winglet version :wacko: ).

http://secure.simmarket.com/zinertek-hd-virtual-cockpit-for-the-level-d-767.phtml

This update is a must for the VC.

FS2020 

I agree completely. If somebody else like Just Flight or somebody decided to make a 767, the price of the Level D would go way down.

Get this.  Make's all the difference in the VC (I just can't figure out how to get the gauges to display right at night in the Winglet version :wacko: ).

Only works for FS9, correct? 

I agree completely. If somebody else like Just Flight or somebody decided to make a 767, the price of the Level D would go way down.

Just Flight does not produce aircraft on par with LevelD.  Instead, they produce "lite" aircraft.  Besides, JF already distributes the CLS 767, which did not impact LevelD market share or pricing point. I'm curious as to what you're basing your assertions on?    

• Upvote 1

Matt King

Only works for FS9, correct? 

I know the base textures should work but the gauge updates could be a problem (not sure what all was done if anything to the gauges, updates don't fully apply on the winglet version on my end so there has to be more going on).  The cockpit textures should be the same as the FS9 version since this is a port over.  All in all I can't see how this wouldn't work on any platform outside of FS9.  If you can get only the cockpit textures updated your good to go.  I forget how this installs but if the updated textures are put in their own folder you can pull out what you want.  Again although for FS9 it should not be a problem in FSX/P3D as it's an FS9 port over.  Others may know more on this.

FS2020 

Just Flight does not produce aircraft on par with LevelD.  Instead, they produce "lite" aircraft.  Besides, JF already distributes the CLS 767, which did not impact LevelD market share or pricing point. I'm curious as to what you're basing your assertions on?    

I was under the understanding that Jus Flight made the L1011. I know CS makes one, but I haven't seen anything that shows that's what the one on JF's website is. The reason I didn't say PMDG is that I know they are already doing other thinga and won't be doing anything new until at least mid-2015.

Richmond

I don't know how prevalent  they are in the RW but I would like to see LVLD update to an all glass cockpit with an HUD. I have seen a few pictures of these. More like an NGX display. That's the only improvement I need except fixing the FMC PERF blow out at engine start.

Vic green

Never seen those except on the 767-400 which is very similar to the 777.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I think all of BA's 757s are long gone and indeed many of the UK charter fleets that had 75s as a backbone for years are now winding them down. Monarch, for example just got rid of theirs not so long ago.

I agree that a top notch 757 would be awesome. We can but live in hope.

• Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I think all of BA's 757s are long gone and indeed many of the UK charter fleets that had 75s as a backbone for years are now winding them down. Monarch, for example just got rid of theirs not so long ago.

I agree that a top notch 757 would be awesome. We can but live in hope.

I agree with that. I think the problem ends up being an issue where most developers that are making these planes are based in Europe. Most European airlines are now using either 787,A330, or some kind of long haul modified aircraft like the 737NG or A320. So in a way the 767/757 has been replaced by a smaller variant of aircraft that has a high seating capacity or a higher frequency lower seating aircraft. Basically we can just kiss it a butt good bye. When it comes to the American carriers we can see that these planes are still around to fly most the trans Atlantic routes or Hawaii routes. Everything else like the Latin American market and north american market has been filled by bigger revival jets or again single aisle jets.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Some time ago, Justflight gave away a Boeing 757 package for FSX called 757JetlinerFREEMIUM_New.exe. You had to go to their site and do a free registry and then you could download the plane, which I did. It was a full version complete with things I do not know how to use, like the FMC, etc. However, the panel has steam gauges and an auto pilot, so you can fly it just like the DC-3, just a little faster and higher. I decided to see if it would work in P3D and tried to install it from my original download file. No joy. It would not work. I went to the website. I do not see the offer on their main page any more, but maybe it is there and I just didn't see it. I went to my account and was able to download a new copy for P3D and using the migration tool installed it into P3D. It works very well and I just did a flight from Fort Myers to Philadelphia with no problems. If you have the original download you must have an account with Justflight. Go there and go to your account and your downloads and see if you can get a new copy. Lots of fun at FL390 and 600 MPH ground speed. Everybody need a change of pace once in a while.
Howard
PS - I found it on the website. Just do a search for 757 and it shows up as a Freemium. It is still free and still fully functional. After you do the install, you will find a file in your main P3D or FSX file called Justflight. Inside that you will find a very good checklist and a full. manual. RTFM.

Hi,

PMDG should take action to make the 767-400ER. That would be superb!

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I agree with that. I think the problem ends up being an issue where most developers that are making these planes are based in Europe. Most European airlines are now using either 787,A330, or some kind of long haul modified aircraft like the 737NG or A320. So in a way the 767/757 has been replaced by a smaller variant of aircraft that has a high seating capacity or a higher frequency lower seating aircraft. Basically we can just kiss it a butt good bye. When it comes to the American carriers we can see that these planes are still around to fly most the trans Atlantic routes or Hawaii routes. Everything else like the Latin American market and north american market has been filled by bigger revival jets or again single aisle jets.

Unfortunately, it's an auto installer, and it will only install to FS9.

- Roger Neves