Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Boeing 757/767. The series that has been forgotten.

Level D B767 still is making a very happy virtual flyer. And I keep some hopes for that 757....

I do wish they would just say that it isn't happening though. From what I've heard, one of the main reasons that PMDG isn't going to make a 757 is that they don't want to encroach on the territory of Level-D.

• Upvote 1

The 757 is now being decommissioned in real life, so I don't think it should be modeled. 

I completely disagree with the whole 757 thing. By that logic, we shouldn't have the excellent TriStar model Just Flight provides. By that logic, we shouldn't have the amazing MilViz 737-200c. By that logic, we shouldn't have the CLS 747-200/-300. By that logic, we shouldn't have the Captain Sim 727. OK, maybe that last one's true  :P. Just kidding. It looks pretty good from the pictures, but that's not the point. Just that a plane has been retired doesn't make it unworthy! We may fly newer planes more than the older ones, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't fly older planes at all. Think about Delta. Their average fleet age is 16.9 years. And that's on their website! They have 117 MD-88s. The average age of their MD-88 is 24 years! That doesn't mean they should go and retire them all! Sure, they may be getting outdated, and sure, they may not be as fuel efficient, but in the long run it's cheaper because the fact that their mechanics have a lot of experience with the MD-88 means that it's relatively cheap to maintain! That's why the concept of low-cost carriers like Ryanair or Southwest (depending on where you live) works! They can have cheap flights because they don't have to have mechanics trained for the 737 and the 757 and the 767 and the A320 and the A330 and the A340 et cetera et cetera. They only have to have to train their mechanics with the 737. And they don't even have to train them for all variants - only the ones they use! If you're wondering, Southwest uses mostly -300s, -500s, and -700s from what I know, and I'm not sure about Ryanair. I'm sorry for my little rant, but I love old planes. Just that they're old and outdated doesn't mean they're unloved! I'd take a ride on a 727 instead of one on a 737 any day!

The world's biggest trijet fan,

Richmond

EDIT: I just want to make it clear that I am NOT trying to start an argument. I would be fine with an intelligent, unbiased debate in a different, unrelated topic, but I am NOT OK with arguing. I'm just stating my opinion.

• Upvote 1

The 757 is now being decommissioned in real life, so I don't think it should be modeled.

UPS and FedEx have stated they will take all of them they can get their hands on. If you fly cargo as I do, these aircraft are very much alive.

• Upvote 1

UPS and FedEx have stated they will take all of them they can get their hands on. If you fly cargo as I do, these aircraft are very much alive.

That's great to hear! I love the 757 especially. It's like an anorexic T7. I love how it has a really narrow but really long body and huge engines. It's that sense of disproportion that I love. It looks disproportional, but when you look at it as a whole it actually looks perfectly in proportion. What a beautiful plane! I saw one get pulled this year at the Dulles Plane Pull. Speaking of the cargo airlines, it was a FedEx 757.

If the ifly 747 and the PMDG 747 V2 sales are good, and interest is high, I am sure any of the developers will take a second look at developing a 757/767. Again its all about consumer demand. So don't give up on the this yet. I agree with most simmers that the CS 757/767 are buggy, nothing more makes me go crazy is CTD 30 mins into a flight. I have bought most of the CS products when they have their 9.99 sale. I am glad I bought them, however I would rather have paid 4 times that for a good operating 757/767 aircraft. So I agree with others, I too am waiting for a complex updated 757/767 Boeing to come to market... HINT... HINT... :-)

• Upvote 1

I completely disagree with the whole 757 thing. By that logic, we shouldn't have the excellent TriStar model Just Flight provides. By that logic, we shouldn't have the amazing MilViz 737-200c. By that logic, we shouldn't have the CLS 747-200/-300. By that logic, we shouldn't have the Captain Sim 727. OK, maybe that last one's true  :P. Just kidding. It looks pretty good from the pictures, but that's not the point. Just that a plane has been retired doesn't make it unworthy! We may fly newer planes more than the older ones, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't fly older planes at all. Think about Delta. Their average fleet age is 16.9 years. And that's on their website! They have 117 MD-88s. The average age of their MD-88 is 24 years! That doesn't mean they should go and retire them all! Sure, they may be getting outdated, and sure, they may not be as fuel efficient, but in the long run it's cheaper because the fact that their mechanics have a lot of experience with the MD-88 means that it's relatively cheap to maintain! That's why the concept of low-cost carriers like Ryanair or Southwest (depending on where you live) works! They can have cheap flights because they don't have to have mechanics trained for the 737 and the 757 and the 767 and the A320 and the A330 and the A340 et cetera et cetera. They only have to have to train their mechanics with the 737. And they don't even have to train them for all variants - only the ones they use! If you're wondering, Southwest uses mostly -300s, -500s, and -700s from what I know, and I'm not sure about Ryanair. I'm sorry for my little rant, but I love old planes. Just that they're old and outdated doesn't mean they're unloved! I'd take a ride on a 727 instead of one on a 737 any day!

The world's biggest trijet fan,

Richmond

EDIT: I just want to make it clear that I am NOT trying to start an argument. I would be fine with an intelligent, unbiased debate in a different, unrelated topic, but I am NOT OK with arguing. I'm just stating my opinion.

You know you just canceled your whole argument of fleet commonality by mentioning Delta in the same breath...  :P    Just the same great points.  :good:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

You know you just canceled your whole argument of fleet commonality by mentioning Delta in the same breath... :P Just the same great points. :good:

I was just saying that the MD-88 is cheaper to maintain because, as long as the mechanic doesn't retire, they can keep working on the same plane for a long time. That way they can not only have some mechanics that are absolute experts on the MD-88, but also make it so that they don't have to train 800 mechanics to work on that plane. I'm definitely not saying anything about how Delta uses only one plane :lol:. I was just saying that, of all of their planes, the MD-88 is probably cheap to maintain.

I was referring to myself. Since I just got the T7 a couple weeks ago that is where my attention has been. Not that the 767 has been pushed aside by T7 in RW. Far more 767 flying.

Vic green

It's very, very, very simple...it all comes down to $$$$.  Prove to a dev that they will make that and you probably get to see your wish.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I was referring to myself. Since I just got the T7 a couple weeks ago that is where my attention has been. Not that the 767 has been pushed aside by T7 in RW. Far more 767 flying.

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes a lot more sense now! :smile:

It's very, very, very simple...it all comes down to $$$$. Prove to a dev that they will make that and you probably get to see your wish.

I agree with that theory. I just can't see on terms with captain sim for example how is a Tri Star more of a money pit than a 757/767 is. There simply is no explanation for how abandoned these two birds are in terms of post 2010 graphics. I agree with the comments here. The Level D is still a good plane to fly. But the bottom line is those planes are still very active in many airlines world wide and they are forgotten

Hell the 767 is still sold by Boeing. It still has future and some of them will not be decommissioned for another 20 years.

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I keep hoping that Qualitywings or PMDG will end up making a good 767, at least the -300 variant but I'd also like a -200.

Like others have said, there are still many 767s in service and there will be for likely another 10+ years, and the ones the passenger airlines get rid of are usually bought by the cargo airlines or smaller foreign airlines.

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I still regularly fly my Level D 767. Its an incredible aircraft and very versatile as well. It would be nice to have a graphics update.

I also believe that the 757 is far from disappearing from our skies. Stopping production doesn't mean the product is immediately going to disappear. We have a United 757 doing the run from Belfast international to Newark.