Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

iFly's new 747

Hi there,

has anyone seen this announcement yet? Kinda stealthy this announcement, but apparently this must be close to release as they're already thanking the beta team.

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12386&title=something-special-cleared-for-approach

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Hi there,

has anyone seen this announcement yet? Kinda stealthy this announcement, but apparently this must be close to release as they're already thanking the beta team.

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12386&title=something-special-cleared-for-approach

Cheers,

Pete

The release date is real soon!!!! OMG Im so happy I was so desperate for some 747-400 flying I was about to go buy the old PMDG bird but this is great and the VC looks awesome!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Man.

I have a hard decision to make. This looks awesome.

Issue is they are not releasing the P3D version along with the rest, and who knows how far out PMDG are with their P3D 747.

Man.

I have a hard decision to make. This looks awesome.

Issue is they are not releasing the P3D version along with the rest, and who knows how far out PMDG are with their P3D 747.

Well PMDG hasn't even got a preview yet so I assume it's still a long way. And the iFly 747 is good news for those still flying FS2004 so at the very least, it's not gonna end up like somebody's 777 lol

Cedric

Regards,

C Schaffhausen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'll buy it it's good to support other developers aswell, not just PMDG. The PMDG v2 could be a while off anyways.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Ya. Plus, PMDG is slow walking P3D. Almost every other developer is supporting it. I know that IFly will be very expensive for some reason for P3D, but oh well. They don't even support their addons for commercial training and still up the price.

But, for people like me interested in a 747 that is new, this looks to be the only real way to go if you want it in the future before a whole other Sim comes out lol.

They don't even support their addons for commercial training and still up the price.

Their P3D version is supported, you just have to submit a ticket. Their P3D products are sold and supported via their commercial side (Flight1). 

Their P3D version is supported, you just have to submit a ticket. Their P3D products are sold and supported via their commercial side (Flight1).

No what he means is even if you buy the commercial version your still not allowed to use it for training. Chances are I'm just gonna buy it for FSX as for some reason heavy don't perform as well as they do in FSX

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

No what he means is even if you buy the commercial version your still not allowed to use it for training. Chances are I'm just gonna buy it for FSX as for some reason heavy don't perform as well as they do in FSX

If you're going to use it commercially(for profit) then you would need contact them for a commercial license and you're going to pay more than 79 bucks.

If you're going to use it commercially(for profit) then you would need contact them for a commercial license and you're going to pay more than 79 bucks.

This is why I've always thought that charging more for p3d was a rip off by devs I can understand seperate licenses but charging extra for the same thing is wrong.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

This is why I've always thought that charging more for p3d was a rip off by devs I can understand seperate licenses but charging extra for the same thing is wrong.

Have to remember P3D is still a smaller userbase, not sure about the numbers now. On top of that it's constantly being updated so that may mean more support needed for a smaller niche within a niche. Then of course it's simple economics, it's popular and if you want to play then you''re going to pay.

Wow, I had no idea this was being developed, let alone that a good 747-400 was this close to release (seemingly).  Thanks for the heads up!

I was expecting to have to wait until late next year to get PMDG's 747-400.

If the reviews for iFly's 747-400 are good then I'm very likely going to go ahead and get this and forgo PMDG's.

PMDG's aircraft are fantastic, but they take too long to release them.  I'm just not willing to wait another year.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Why is everyone typing in bold? Are you all just that excited?

You are too..lol

WOW! I'm amazed. I love it when developers surprise us all

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE