Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

iFly's new 747

PMDG's aircraft are fantastic, but they take too long to release them.  I'm just not willing to wait another year.

PMDG releases aircraft in 2 year cycles averagely (without expansions, updates, cross-platform). ifly's average cycle is almost 4 years (without expansions, updates, cross-platform).

Get your facts straight.

And you know this on a sample of one?  Do statistics much?

DJ

That's really good news. So I don't have to wait until 2017.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

This was a very pleasant surprise right on the cusp of starting another work week. I've used their 737 for FS9 for years back in the day and I am really excited to see what becomes of their 747. 

Can you imagine another surprise in the coming weeks of the 747-8i expansion with its own flight deck, etc? That would be epic!

There will be further news about the complete plans in the following days.

We will tell all, variants, pricing, further specifications and of course details of when you will get to fly the aircraft.

He (Steve Masson) said variants over in the post. Looking forward to those details.

I already got the PMDG, so i don't see why i should get the iFly

I already have 10 years old PC, why would I want a new one? Cmon, PMDGs 747 is history, just like lvlD 767 - great birds, but they served their purpose and sent to graveyard.

I already have 10 years old PC, why would I want a new one? Cmon, PMDGs 747 is history, just like lvlD 767 - great birds, but they served their purpose and sent to graveyard.

Still like the 747 a lot.

I'll be keeping my eye out for iFly, but i'll only get it if it's more realistic than my PMDG

I already got the PMDG, so i don't see why i should get the iFly

Same here.i don't think  the ifly 747 looks any better than the pmdg. I think  ifly's exterior looks way worse.Maybe the Vc is a bit higher def but that is it.Not interested at all.

I was negative about the iFly but I didnt know it is coming out soon. That changes everything, who knows when PMDG will release v2. This is a sure buy for me to tide me over for the PMDG release just like the iFly 737 was the quality addon while waiting for the ngx.

I was negative about the iFly but I didnt know it is coming out soon. That changes everything, who knows when PMDG will release v2. This is a sure buy for me to tide me over for the PMDG release just like the iFly 737 was the quality addon while waiting for the ngx.

By present trend, pmdg 747 should be released at august or September 2015. Of course, that's just a trend, and doesn't mean anything, but it's good estimate.

I'm not really interested in 747, as T7 is enough to keep me busy, but I think ifly does a good job. Their product will be superior in every aspect compared to 8 years old pmdg model.