Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PrecipitFX in P3D is Awesome

Well thanks Dave for the heads up on this - seems to be working very nice considering developer says its not ready yet

Few observations - the contrails on these shots were about 1,200 ft AGL - that does not happen until now - engine contrails work at higher altitudes - rain and snow is way better than factory - thanks to Rob for a rain scale sizing - would like to see rain just a bit darker snow is great the way it is - very happy with this program anyone on the fence think twice if you are flying in P3D - you can wait for the supported version of course - thanks for looking and yahoo I want to fly in rain and snow now

Hard to get across the effect in screenshots but this should help - also installing this you would need EMT for sure as this install is way different than a typical install

I would assume these effects are dependent on temperature and weather conditions

166f14i.jpg

2sb3dqq.jpg

t4zmth.jpg

afg4ea.jpg

rrjwus.jpg

Rich Sennett

Gorgeous screens lad. And I don't think they are edited in any way, and if I'm not mistaken he doesn't uses ENB.

Correct - shots un-edited - did them real quick to post them up - its HDR in p3d doing its thing - which does remind me of enbseries but way better 

Rich Sennett

Nice shots Rich. I grabbed this last night and went to Montana somewhere and brewed up a moderate snow storm. Vastly improved over default snow effects. Great purchase for 13 bucks! Have to go try the rain now...

Greg     

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Correct - shots un-edited - did them real quick to post them up - its HDR in p3d doing its thing - which does remind me of enbseries but way better

What is the rain scaling you were talking about?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Great shots Rich ... can't wait for an official P3D v2.x version.

Cheers, Rob.

What is the rain scaling you were talking about?

Send you a pm in a minute

How can I install this in Prepared just use migration tool?

Yes have the tool running before you launching a web based installer - thank you for all the great comments and Dave for taking the dive on this

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich

Great shots. Man, you are the Picasso with your screenshots lately.

Is this available fro FSX? Want to make the transition to Prepar3d but have spent a fortune on FSX add-ons, so am baulking for now.

Hi Rich

Great shots. Man, you are the Picasso with your screenshots lately.

Is this available fro FSX? Want to make the transition to Prepar3d but have spent a fortune on FSX add-ons, so am baulking for now.

Yes it was originally made for FSX - bet its even better in FSX - go for it - thanks Rick

Rich Sennett

Ok, Tried installing with the estonia tool, I am a little worried because it opened the settup asking if I wanted to add the effects, but ill give it a show with bad weather see if it did anything

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Wow, those shots look amazing. Does PrecipitFX take care of snow as well? I think it looks way overboard in Prepar3D 2.4.

Snow is the best part - yes it does - P3D version rain and snow is a joke - this really really helps

Rich Sennett