Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PrecipitFX in P3D is Awesome

Snow is the best part - yes it does - P3D version rain and snow is a joke - this really really helps

That's great to know. Once PrecipitFX goes Prepar3D-compliant, I'm definitely getting it because precipitation in Prepar3D is indeed a very big joke.

That's great to know. Once PrecipitFX goes Prepar3D-compliant, I'm definitely getting it because precipitation in Prepar3D is indeed a very big joke.

I would not wait as its great for now - they are waiting on LM  to make changes and that could be quite a while and thats if LM actually thinks it Their problem - fyi

Rich Sennett

I would not wait as its great for now - they are waiting on LM  to make changes and that could be quite a while and thats if LM actually thinks it Their problem - fyi

What changes?  :wacko: I really hope they're not expecting Lockheed Martin to make changes that are not even in their plans.

What changes?  :wacko: I really hope they're not expecting Lockheed Martin to make changes that are not even in their plans.

Exactly - if you read  PrecipitFX facebook page They are stating this product will not be ready for P3D as LM has to address some issues - let me get the quote - here you go - does not sound promising

I am such a sucker for immersion addons - luv them

https://www.facebook.com/FSFXPackages

*Quick status update on PrecipitFX for Prepar3D*

We know that many of you are waiting for the Prepar3D version of PrecipitFX, and we cannot wait to develop for that platform either! Given the continuous improvements which translate into continuous updates on the platform, some bugs slipped in with the way visual effects are displayed in Prepar3D. This prevents us from porting PrecipitFX to Prepar3D for now. We have no idea when Lockheed Martin will fix these issues, but again, we are just waiting for these fix to start working on it. We thank you for your patience and support for the project. We will keep you updated as soon as the weather clears up.

Rich Sennett

Richard, beautiful shots!!!

Can you post one from inside the VC with heavy rain coming down and flying above 150 kts? Is the tunnel effect present? I can't stand that effect in P3D. Feels like I'm flying the Millennium Falcon getting ready to go into hyperdrive!

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Richard, beautiful shots!!!

Can you post one from inside the VC with heavy rain coming down and flying above 150 kts? Is the tunnel effect present? I can't stand that effect in P3D. Feels like I'm flying the Millennium Falcon getting ready to go into hyperdrive!

Not at home to post shot - yes the faster you go more of a hyperdrive effect not as bad as it was - this time its more dependent on the rain fall severity - before it was bam in your face warp speed lol

Also not sure if this was the way it was in factory rain and snow effects but now you rotate around the aircraft and the rain or snow follows the correct angle to the eye as you rotate around

Rich Sennett

Exactly - if you read  PrecipitFX facebook page They are stating this product will not be ready for P3D as LM has to address some issues - let me get the quote - here you go - does not sound promising

Yup, doesn't sound good. Unfortunately it looks like they're just waiting for Lockheed Martin to fix those "issues" out of the blue instead of being in contact with them to actually get them fixed.

Yup, doesn't sound good. Unfortunately it looks like they're just waiting for Lockheed Martin to fix those "issues" out of the blue instead of being in contact with them to actually get them fixed.

Oh I think they are in contact and laying blame in that direction - now lets hope LM listens - that would be great as this is a very nice addition to my immersion factor :)

Rich Sennett

Just a heads up noticed turning on fog - breaks the rain animation so  I guess that's one of the reasons its not released as an official version yet - I can live with it until the official version - I don't turn on fog much anyway

Rich Sennett

I don't turn on fog much anyway

Wait a minute, Mr. FMC Auto-land doesn't even have bad weather in the mix???   ha ha ... just messin' with ya Mr. Sennett.  I love fog myself, especially around mountains ... talk about pucker moments!  That's when you really better be flying the route to the letter (and it better be a good route) ... instrument fixation.

Real world (with IFR instructor/aircraft) I've never landed in fog or rain ... yet!  Simulated is my only option ... I guess we could head out to San Carlos (KSQL) from Concord (KCCR) but that's some heavy duty airspace and I ain't ready for that real world challenge yet.

But thanks for the update Richardo, hopefully there will be a P3D version soon.

Cheers, Rob.

Wait a minute, Mr. FMC Auto-land doesn't even have bad weather in the mix???   ha ha ... just messin' with ya Mr. Sennett.  I love fog myself, especially around mountains ... talk about pucker moments!  That's when you really better be flying the route to the letter (and it better be a good route) ... instrument fixation.

Real world (with IFR instructor/aircraft) I've never landed in fog or rain ... yet!  Simulated is my only option ... I guess we could head out to San Carlos (KSQL) from Concord (KCCR) but that's some heavy duty airspace and I ain't ready for that real world challenge yet.

But thanks for the update Richardo, hopefully there will be a P3D version soon.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm not having an issue with rain effect disappearing in the fog 

as can be seen here

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Wait a minute, Mr. FMC Auto-land doesn't even have bad weather in the mix??

Pucker Sucker lol my friend you make a good point must throw this in the mix - I will check it out again maybe just a glitch - I did delete shaders as always so I will have at it again - keep you posted

as can be seen here

Yup been a crazy day never didn't even notice that Dave - thank you Bro - great video :)

Well its working now so fog is on the list of fun - thanks Guys

Rich Sennett

as can be seen here

Very nice.. appears the rain vortex is finally gone and much more realistic.

I havent seen anything regarding this online, but.. are there settings somewhere, once its installed.. how do you turn it off.. (uninstall only?)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Very nice.. appears the rain vortex is finally gone and much more realistic.

I havent seen anything regarding this online, but.. are there settings somewhere, once its installed.. how do you turn it off.. (uninstall only?)

As far as I know you have to uninstall to turn the effects off,but why would you want to?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

As far as I know you have to uninstall to turn the effects off,but why would you want to?

Clearly based on the examples i've seen here, you probably wouldn't, but for testing/comparison video creation, uninstalling is a little more forceful unfortunately.  I haven't heard anyone complaining about performance impact so that portion may be safe as is.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: