FOR THE LOVE OF FLYING!

We enjoy the realistic concept of flying an airplane from a destination to a favorite destination. We all enjoy the moments of pretending our flights contain real people and many lives are within the palms of our hands. Oh, the occasional moments where we've encountered situations that caused us to go #####!, I cannot forget the moments that caused me to do emergency landings at nearby airports!

But, as Microsoft Flight Simulator endure upon highway 2014, 2015 brings in a clean slate for ...... What is next? !

I am pretty sure it's been asked before, but..... there are no solid answers. 

So, community of flyers and FSX Fanatics, its being asked once again. What is next? Microsoft Flight Simulator (the company) is no longer with Microsoft. From what I can understand, due to a lack of funding and for the love of laying off thousands of employees, Flight Simulator crew of developers received the boot. Unfortunately, for us FSX fanatics, we have to literally ask ourselves .... what do we do now?

With the transition of technology that Microsoft and other tech companies have to withstand (Apple), what is next for the FSX? Who is the next big company that we should all keep an eye opened up for? Which is the next real life (exact duplication of real life flying OR even better) FSX company? 

I would love to hear your opinions! Let's get it started yall !

BTW! BY THE WAY ..... I am pretty aware that there was a previous post about "what is next for FSX." Based on the Google search, I think it was a decade ago? WELL ..... It's 2014 .... we are just a couple of months away from entering into another year. Why not .... give the needle a spin?

CHAO!

P3D is where I'm going......... But First they will have to pull FSX from my.......cold........dead.......hands.

I'm not familiar with P3D. How is it compared to FSX ?

X Plane is developing (or already has developed) into a fine alternative for FSX and P3D considering flight dynamics an 64-bit support.

Prepar3D isn't the only way forward. X-Plane is progressing slowly (though for some simmers it's already the best option), aeroflyFS 2.0 will be a substantial improvement from the first version, Dovetail will release their new flight simulator in 2015, Outerra is making great progress when it comes to the engine and a Kickstarter for a flight simulator might not be too far...

What is next? A bit of reading on the forums to see what is happening out there?

P3D compared to FSX? There is so much info out ther e telling of the changes. About 6-7 upgrades worth?

Have a look at www.prepar3d.com for more info?

& No, our hobby certainly is not stagnating!!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

The biggest problem for all of these (and why Microsoft stopped developing) is a lack of interest in flight simulators.

Yes, I know that thousands of us use them and have enjoyed FS for years, but a developer would need to sell millions of copies to recoup the developmental and support costs.

I hope support continues to increase and will be sufficient to support the development of a new improved flight simulator product, but I'm not holding my breath.  For now we must make the best of what we have, be it FS9, FSX, P3D or X-Plane 5.

We also now have the benefit of some amazing add-ons too.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Yes, I know that thousands of us use them and have enjoyed FS for years, but a developer would need to sell millions of copies to recoup the developmental and support costs.

Not really, small development teams don't need to sell millions to make money, otherwise for example train simulators would not exist. What isn't worthwhile for Microsoft may very well be worthwhile for someone else. 

Personally I'm glad MS is out of the FS genre now.

FOR THE LOVE OF FLYING!

We enjoy the realistic concept of flying an airplane from a destination to a favorite destination. We all enjoy the moments of pretending our flights contain real people and many lives are within the palms of our hands. Oh, the occasional moments where we've encountered situations that caused us to go #####!, I cannot forget the moments that caused me to do emergency landings at nearby airports!

But, as Microsoft Flight Simulator endure upon highway 2014, 2015 brings in a clean slate for ...... What is next? !

I am pretty sure it's been asked before, but..... there are no solid answers. 

So, community of flyers and FSX Fanatics, its being asked once again. What is next? Microsoft Flight Simulator (the company) is no longer with Microsoft. From what I can understand, due to a lack of funding and for the love of laying off thousands of employees, Flight Simulator crew of developers received the boot. Unfortunately, for us FSX fanatics, we have to literally ask ourselves .... what do we do now?

With the transition of technology that Microsoft and other tech companies have to withstand (Apple), what is next for the FSX? Who is the next big company that we should all keep an eye opened up for? Which is the next real life (exact duplication of real life flying OR even better) FSX company? 

I would love to hear your opinions! Let's get it started yall !

BTW! BY THE WAY ..... I am pretty aware that there was a previous post about "what is next for FSX." Based on the Google search, I think it was a decade ago? WELL ..... It's 2014 .... we are just a couple of months away from entering into another year. Why not .... give the needle a spin?

CHAO!

This guy has only made three posts, & then he comes up with this.

Am I the only one smelling a Troll here?!?   B)

Actually, what exactly do we need? We have the various engines, FS9, FSX, P3D, X-Plane

That's the basic start of our hobby. Do we need MS or whoever after that?

No! Our hobby is made up of all those freeware & payware people who has given us their time, effort & creations to enhance & improve on the basic flight sim engine!

So, what is next? Just more & more (hopefully) exciting stuff from those developers, giving us so many choices to improve our scenery, flying & aviation skills.

So, is the hobby stagnating? Nah! Are there actually people out there that cannot find anything on any of the many sites that will add value to whatever sim they are flying?

Or are there those who could not be bothered to learn to fly correctly & just want to collect the lastest sim?

I still fly FS9 as well as the well known regressed version called "Golden Wings". (as well as P3D)

I prefer the oldies & not the tubeliner busses, but thats my personal pref. The developers out there are most certainly adding to my enjoyment.

So, whats,next? ..... More fun!!

Always something new out there.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

So, whats,next? ..... More fun!!

Always something new out there.

Stay tuned to avsim library for a massive VC10 update

Stay tuned to avsim library for a massive VC10 update

Details please! ^_^

Lewis - A2A Simulations