Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Which Heathrow scenery should I get?

Well since I put this thread in the FS9 section I didn't think I needed to put FS9 in the title. :unknw:

And read the responses so far I am leaning to the Aerosoft version.

Always go with UK2000. Gary always supports FS9 in all of his scenerys, which cant be said of alot of makers.

Just to say Ive have most of his scenerys apart from Heathrow so I cant help here.

But all his others work great in FS9 with fantasic frame rates with full on AI.

Steve

Well since I put this thread in the FS9 section I didn't think I needed to put FS9 in the title

+1

Would love to read about you experience when you have decided for one of them. I still use stock scenery in London.

Btw.: In a SimMarket review, a FS2004 user reports half the FPS with Aerosofts version compared with UK2000. Another port over from FSX, or just more details?

Cheers, Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I must admit that I am somewhat surprised at these reports that the framerate when using Aerosoft Heathrow Xtended is higher than that of UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme Version 3. Now, this is not because I am a UK2000 beta tester. It is simply because the Aerosoft version appears to render a considerably greater number of buildings around the perimeter of the airport, and also because those textures appear to be quite high resolution.

Can someone who has experience with both versions let me know a comparison of the detail levels "up close" (texture resolution, number of 3D models, lighting, airport clutter etc)?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I can't make a comparison between Aerosoft and UK2000 versions as I only have the Aerosoft one. But I can tell you that with massive amounts of traffic, both at EGLL as well as Gatwick and EGLC I've never had any FPS issues. And like all the Mega Airport series from Aerosoft, the quality is great. But I have no doubt that the UK2000 one is too as I have great respect for Gary and his work. So I think whichever one you choose will be a success

Ian

I love to support developers who make good FS9 add ons. Last rendition of LHR I bought both Aerosoft and UK2000 …..settled with UK2000.

There won't be too much between these two great developers, but as Gary has always given unerring FS9 support this time I bought UK2000 v3.

I still may buy the Aerosoft version just for the FS9 support.

I will NOT buy shoddy FS9 sceneries just because they are for FS9 …developers you know who you are!

Well since I put this thread in the FS9 section I didn't think I needed to put FS9 in the title.
Joseph, what happens is that folk browse new topics on the front page of AVSIM where the sim type is not mentioned. Where a topic potentially spans across several sims (like this one), you get people inadvertently posting about P3D or FSX in here, unthinkingly.

It's actually a shortcoming in AVSIM's way of presenting new topics, and I find it sometimes tiresome.

I just downloaded UK2000's demo and will make an informed 50% decision on that.

I do like Gary's approach to marketing his stuff - what could be more honest than allowing you to look at the actual product, and decide for yourself?

Ok …. I made my flight BGI-LHR with UK2000 v3,  no AI, real weather, aircraft and scenery shadows on.

Flight went very well, no CTD's but a little low on FPS on arrival for me (~ 19fps) as I normally use 100%AI and Fraps and FSrecorder……probably scenery shadows off would help a lot.

Sooooo I thought I would purchase Aerosoft LHR extended (as I was entitled to a discount) and see whether the FPS were better.

It is very difficult to choose between the two sceneries as both have their pros and cons and  their frame rates in FS9 are pretty much exactly the same.

To choose on detail will require me to have another look tomorrow without having drunk so much wine! :lol:

I myself have the UK2000 V3 scenery and cant complain one bit about it, frames are good, consistently around the 25-27 mark (locked at 30) and I run Full AI, REX, activesky6.5 and a sweetfx mod...

Sorry cant help on the Aerosoft one since I wont buy 2 of the same Airports unless there has been a massive time gap (ie was using Flytampa KSFO but I now use Flightbeam).....

Ed the wine would have paid for one airport ... no wonder you drank the whole bottle.   :lol:

Thanks on behalf of our little community for going to the trouble, and expense, of providing the most worthwhile comparison screenies.  Based solely on the above, and on reputation/personal experience/prejudice, my choice is clear.

Ed for President.  :yahoo:

Ed, many thanks for taking the time to install sceneries and making test flights, and for posting the comparative screenshots! I shall speak a toast on you with

http://www.telavino.de/Weine-Spirituosen/Georgien/Rotwein/2007-MUKUZANI-TBILVINO.html

Never ever having been in London, or Great Britain at all, I still can't judge which scenery looks more "real" in terms oif building texturing, ground colour, runway lighting? FPS seem to be not really decisive.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Ed the wine would have paid for one airport ... no wonder you drank the whole bottle.   :lol:

Crazy eh? all that work for the price of a bottle of wine! :Cuppa:

I treat myself to one Saint Estephe a month (my favourite wine region). :wub:

Ed, many thanks for taking the time to install sceneries and making test flights, and for posting the comparative screenshots! I shall speak a toast on you with

http://www.telavino.de/Weine-Spirituosen/Georgien/Rotwein/2007-MUKUZANI-TBILVINO.html

Never ever having been in London, or Great Britain at all, I still can't judge which scenery looks more "real" in terms oif building texturing, ground colour, runway lighting? FPS seem to be not really decisive.

I'm a stickler for the correct runway lighting which it would appear both have got wrong. I have notified Gary as he uses custom lighting so he could fix his (I really like Gary's lighting btw ..at night it is really immersive)

I cannot see the red supplementary approach lights in any RW LHR videos.

From a spotters point of view I would go with UK2000. In fact I prefer UK2000 full stop….it does have better frame rates.

I know it's a bit odd but one thing you never forget when spotting at 27R is the funny huts in the fences…what is their purpose? UK2000 has them..Aerosoft not.

One can be see in my vid at 0:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5dDzAyYcj0

and in this vid at 4:30

But it is still a close call. Whichever one buys both are great work for the price of a bottle of wine…or two. :P

Edit* Just clicked on your link Harald. Is that Georgian wine?…..never tried it….nice?

Seems that if I once are in the mood to buy Heathrow, somehow I feel sympathy for the UK2000 version although I don't like the ground colour - it's a big contrast to my Evo textures.

O.T.: Yes Ed, this is Georgian wine. While I liked South American and South-Tyrolean wines most before, since having been in Georgia, Kakheti is my most favourably wine region, especially regarding the red wines. Not only that they taste delicious, but - and this is important for this thread again - I found that their "heritage" the next morning is the fewest among all wines I drank. I'm quite sure you can buy them in GB, too, while the best ones are served at the opportunity of picnics in the mountains by Georgians from a plastic bottle - almost every Georgian household (even in Tbilisi) grows its own wines and sees them as the best one at all. And then at noon, when the lady rests and you only want to have a little walk around the village with your child, you're suddenly invited into this (sorry for the jiggly camera and the chatter, it was my then 5-year son who did the filming):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77c0xyelkfw6nkn/DSCN9738.MOV?dl=0

The white wine in the cans is made in Kvevri, thus the dark colour.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Ed, in those comparison shots during the day is the grass textures gray in the UK2000 shots? The Aerosoft version has green grass, but the UK2000 grass looks gray?