Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

Trolls --- You have been warned!

Which is what I was getting at from the first. Existing laws pretty much have it covered, but you see this sort of thing when some sensationalized incidents, usually fairly recently, cause legislatures to come up with this type of "look, we're are taking it seriously and now we're going to get really tough" type of law.

Which usually just trips over existing law if not crafted very carefully, and generally makes a mess where interpretation can be a nightmare.

Get ready for people to get locked up for some very iffy things. 

Fortunately, overworked judges everywhere generally toss the really silly cases. Unless their hands get tied by mandatory sentences.......

Excellent summation I couldn't agree more

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

facebook and twitter  are for nancy boys  and uk has confirmed they got a gov. of said nancy boys

I would argue that having 3 separate acts which can all cross over each other is hardly defined.

That's how English law works. 

You can also Offences Against the Person Act 1861 to your list as well.

So a bunch of right wing morons like the Madeley's, Edwina Currie etc, get some stick for their conservative views on a subject like rape, and they misuse their elitist powers to get a new law brought in .............. because yes, trolling is definitely a crime priority in the UK at the moment  :rolleyes:   (.. not like knife crime or violence against the elderley are that important....).

Ched Evans is a convicted rapist - for Judy Finnigan to play down a rape is utterley disgusting.   Whilst I don't condone the threats that were made to her daughter Chloe, she should not have been surprised, in publicaly defending the out of touch views of her senile mother.

facebook and twitter  are for nancy boys  and uk has confirmed they got a gov. of said nancy boys

Definitely!!  ...... and I live there.    The current nancy boy and his chums will (mis)use the full arm of the law to make the country fit their crimes and immoral acts.

There are not aiming to put every Youtube troll in jail, they are trying to reduce the number of highly personal and offensive attacks against individuals.

Nope... this law is specifically to protect politicians, the rich and famous 'celebrities', of which the UK is currently drowning in (of the 'z list' quality).    There is no chance under the Tories that this law would be used (at cost) to protect 'average Joe'. This is just another 'looking after the boys (and girls)' gesture by the reprehensibly corrupt Tory governement that the UK currently suffers.

And there goes the reasoned debate

Oh the master of reason and unbiasedness speaks!   :rolleyes: 

Is it just your opinion that counts here Brian?  ..... I know that's how you like it but I'm afraid not everyone agrees with your royalist, elitist, government-for-the-priviliged views.

The subject matter is, by nature, political and contentious so stop being a spoilt little man when someone challenges your 'stiff upper lip' antiquated viewpoint.

And there goes the reasoned debate

I have to agree. Here come the trolls -  however you define them.

Nope... this law is specifically to protect politicians, the rich and famous 'celebrities', of which the UK is currently drowning in (of the 'z list' quality). There is no chance under the Tories that this law would be used (at cost) to protect 'average Joe'. This is just another 'looking after the boys (and girls)' gesture by the reprehensibly corrupt Tory governement that the UK currently suffers.

Uhuh of course I forgot the tories are to blame for everything. On that note as Mr Ballantine would say... I'm oot. Too those that kept it a resonate debate well done!

I have to agree. Here come the trolls - however you define them.

Bit like busses there'll be another one along in a minute :-)

Nope... this law is specifically to protect politicians, the rich and famous 'celebrities', of which the UK is currently drowning in (of the 'z list' quality). There is no chance under the Tories that this law would be used (at cost) to protect 'average Joe'. This is just another 'looking after the boys (and girls)' gesture by the reprehensibly corrupt Tory governement that the UK currently suffers.

Oh the master of reason and unbiasedness speaks! :rolleyes:

Is it just your opinion that counts here Brian? ..... I know that's how you like it but I'm afraid not everyone agrees with your royalist, elitist, government-for-the-priviliged views.

The subject matter is, by nature, political and contentious so stop being a spoilt little man when someone challenges your 'stiff upper lip' antiquated viewpoint.

As you've decided to call me out I'll respond but not to add fuel to your fire only to see it you can show me where I've been biased or suggested that anybody opinion on here was wrong. You know nothing about me nor I you and as such I will refrain from personal insults. Suffice it to say the law applies to all even you regardless of you political view. If your intention here was to get this thread closed then you may well have achieved that aim so congratulations to you you must be very proud.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png