Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

odd trails 319 aerosoft in P3DV24

ecch.jpg

These square trails are persistent with the Aerosoft 319 (newest version)

remedy?

JUst a shot in the dark (shrug)..

Try clearing the shaders cache folder and letting P3D rebuild them all - perhaps something didn't work right previously and they need a little refresh. Be certain to back them up first just in case!

X:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders

-Greg

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I believe dual contrails are usually the result of a non-P3D compliant aircraft being used in P3D. It's a compatibility issue you would need to probably take up with your aircraft publisher.

Here is my fix. I disabled the contrail_s file. It still has a weird over/under,dual set,but it is better than before.

http://s177.photobucket.com/user/B1900Mech/library/Lockheed%20P3D/Contrail%20Issue

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

These square trails are persistent with the Aerosoft 319 (newest version)

I once had this problem with smoke in P3D. In my case, it was a broken bitmap file in the Prepar3dv2/effects/texture folder which the smoke fx-file loaded. Have a look into the fx files which are responsible for contrails (you can open them with a text editor) and see which bmp files they use. Then go into the texture subfolder (the one inside the effects folder) and try to open those bitmaps with an image viewer. Most likely one of those bmp files will not open because it is corrupted. Replace this one with a new copy (e.g. from a backup) and you are fine.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT