Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

A Favorable Impression of the LR24B

I like this little airplane.  I don't understand the cold and dark startup, but the two ready to taxi downloads saved that irritant.  It hand flies very nice, and once you get used to the Auto Pilot, it flies quite accurately to include the ILS.  Speed control, as with all high performance aircraft, is important.  You get a lot of simulation for the price, but I wish Lionheart had charged more and gone for a later date upgraded Lear model.  The reason I say this is what do you do with a Lear.  Other than checkouts and check rides in the local area, Lears are cross country birds.  Due to the altitudes they fly at, they are always IFR cross countries.  A Lear demands an FMS.  The GPS furnished with the airplane is very basic and sooo out of date.  It makes most approaches very difficult to execute.  I found it easy to install my Reality XP GPSs.  While there is no room on the panel to install these, I'm fortunate to sim with three 27" wide screens.  They linked up to the Lear with no problem, and it's easy to control the GPS/Nav thru them.  While you cannot update the Reality XP,s with Navagraph, their data base is fairly late, and with your approach plate you can do fine.  Radar Contact is the rest of the answer to utilize this 24B as they control your descent.  So, my congratulations to Lionheart on this great little airplane.  My only recommendation is to upgrade Reality XP GPSs.  Maybe Lionheart will go for an upgraded Lear 45 now.  Last evening, I flew from KPHL to KBGR  taking off at dusk.  Never thought about it getting dark with little moon light.  Discovered the cockpit lighting was great!  Some of the best panel lighting I have seen in a long time.  Take care, Mike Nicholson

"The LHC LJ24B will not work correctly in DX10 mode in FSX.  I do not know why.  None of my planes
ever have, even though I use the correct SDK.  I wish they did.  If you use the LJ24B in FSX in DX10
mode, expect to see odd things happening, such as swirling odd reflections in the perspex inside VC
mode, effects like the engine floating outside the nacelle, etc, etc."

From his web site....Say this ain't so.....

FYI I am using DX10 in FSX with Steve's DX10 Fixer and this Lear 24b has not had any problems.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

The only DX10 issue is a vortex like texture issue on the plexiglass.   Download the clear plexiglass file from the product page and this should fix this issue for DX10 users.   I have not had a chance to try this so I do not know how effective it is.

Mike