Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

TEXTUREMAXLOAD = 27 = Instant texture loading?

This setting is not there in default P3d cfg but seems to help immensely with texture loading. (Rob had it his old settings, but no longer it seems?)

Without this entry, Parked in Aerosoft Heathrow, I go to spot view and pan around 360 degrees. As various Airport buildings come into view, they are first black and then slowly paint up. Keep doing circles and same building will still be black in the next round before getting painted.

Add this entry and they paint up almost instantly and stay painted while circling. Switch back to VC, instant painting.

I have 4700MQ @ 2.8 with 755m SLI, ymmv.

Does it introduce stutters?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Why 27? I've it at 30.

Spirit

Why not indeed. I tried 54, nothing much different.

Does it introduce stutters?

No, not this time. :rolleyes:

I fly with MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 photo real and absolutely have to have my Maxload at 30 to prevent textures from slow loading and breaking immersion.  30 is a great number.  No stutters in my P3D.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I fly with MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 photo real and absolutely have to have my Maxload at 30 to prevent textures from slow loading and breaking immersion.  30 is a great number.  No stutters in my P3D.

One wonders then, why LM does not have this by default.

Texturemaxload tweak is on by default. I find that without increasing this number to 12 or higher I get some black tiles in certain complex airports.

Some experts say "leave it out." No way JOSE!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

One wonders then, why LM does not have this by default.

I suspect every 'tweak' that LM either has included or recommended has been tested by them or their beta testers for some level of success on most machines.

Think of what happens if they either recommend or add a questionable tweak. Better start hiring more technical support people.  :lol:

Texturemaxload tweak is on by default.

What is the default value?

I suspect every 'tweak' that LM either has included or recommended has been tested by them or their beta testers for some level of success on most machines.

Think of what happens if they either recommend or add a questionable tweak. Better start hiring more technical support people.  :lol:

Texturemaxload tweak is on by default.

What is the default value?

I believe it is a single digit number like 6.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Guess I know what I am adding to my cfg file tonight

From EGFF to YSSY

Where is this placed in the file, and what is the exact syntax of the command?

I looked up texture max load on google, and I see numbers like 4700 etc

Also I find texture_max_load and textureMaxLoad

are these the same or not?

Thank you very much.

-Stampee

Thank you very much.

-Stampee

Just put in the last line of the texture heading are - that will be fine but jury is still out on this being added I am not noticing anything different - try 27 or 30 like posted by others

Rich Sennett

Thank you very much.

-Stampee

Goes under display:

[Display]
TEXTUREMAXLOAD=27

Just put in the last line of the texture heading are - that will be fine but jury is still out on this being added I am not noticing anything different - try 27 or 30 like posted by others

Did you have black textures in heavy areas?

Not the same!!!

TextureMaxLoad is in the [DISPLAY] section. It's values are normally numbers like 6, 12, 21, 27, 30 and so on. Should be a multiple of 3.

and

Texture_Max_Load is in the [GRAPHICS] section. It's numbers represent the resolution of the textures and has values of 1024, 2048 and 4096.

Spirit

Not the same!!!

TextureMaxLoad is in the [DISPLAY] section. It's values are normally numbers like 6, 12, 21, 27, 30 and so on. Should be a multiple of 3.

and

Texture_Max_Load is in the [GRAPHICS] section. It's numbers represent the resolution of the textures and has values of 1024, 2048 and 4096.

Spirit

Never

Not the same!!!

and

Spirit

Thanks

Rich Sennett