Sign in to follow this  
MorsAbAlto

B77W post SP1c: Not initializing when reloading a flight

Here is the problem:

I was doing flight CPA808 from Hong Kong to Chicago (some 14h on the published route) and had to abort the session, so saved the flight to be continued later. Then did my usual routine when loading a saved flight:

Start ASN

Start FSX

Set the time and date to match the saved flight

wait for ASN to resync the weather with the saved flight

Load the flight

However when the flight finished loading, the 77W did not initalize and was essentially dead metal. I tried using the MENU button on all three CDUs to manually load a panel state but to no avail. I tried this thrice over the day and each time it would fail to load properly.

I never had this behaviour before SP1c but I am not sure yet if the problem is related to it or if it is reproducable.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thank you for the reply. I always do that though.

To clarify the issue:

There is no 20 second countdown, as you would normally see, when reloading the flight. The overhead seems to be in order, but there is no power to the MFDs, EICAS and CDUs and no way to power them up.

I recommend you first open a trouble ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com then confirm that if you load the 77W from Free Flight it does/doesn't work?

I assume that the -200LRF is working just fine. Open OC and verify that your versions are up to date just to verify SP installation.

Did you install SP1C over the original RTM or SP1... shouldn't make a difference but any info you can provide might be helpful.

Finally, there were warnings not to use saved panels from earlier versions.... this might be your culprit but hard to tell with info given.

Dan Downs KCRP

The 77L and 77W load just fine when loaded on the ground.

The problem is really only the re-loading of this particular saved flight. Indeed, I never had any trouble when continuing a flight with the 77L.

I updated both aircraft from SP1b via the OPC and it went through without error. Repaired the liveries.

I also started this flight AFTER updating just to test the changes. So the panel state should be already up to SP1c standard.

Thanks for your help so far. I'll investigate further and see if I can dig up anymore useful info.

Yes. Thanks. In fact I just started over from the beginning.

If this ever crops up again, I'll update this thread.

Did you ever fix this issue? I have the same problem. I was working before latest service pack and Now I cannot complete long haul.

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

I have the same problem with the computer at work, that is not high end and that I use just for testing when I don't have much to work... If I restart a flight everything is cold and dark and nothing can be done to light up the aircraft (I use the -200LR). I suppose it's something related to the mid to low performance of the computer, because at home I never experience this problem.

James Goggi

Did you ever fix this issue? I have the same problem. I was working before latest service pack and Now I cannot complete long haul.

Yes he did, he deleted the flight that was not initializing after a load.  I do not see what that has to do with completing a long haul flight, maybe you should start a new thread with your own problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well downscc, I save my long haul flights in the middle and when I attempt to reload the saved flight it does not initialize. The gauges are all black as the OP stated.

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay