Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.0.23

Changes with this version:
- Fixed some installer issues if you never had Flight installed previously
- Fixed some issues with the GFWL replacement server that was causing some features like aerocaches not to work
- Disabled the profile backup feature (since it is no longer useful with the Flight servers down)

I am now releasing two different versions of the toolkit.  One that works with GFWL so people who play multiplayer can still use that feature.  However with this version aerocaches and other online Flight features will not work.  The other version is has GFWL removed and will not support multiplayer, but you can use aerocaches.  I recommend creating a second profile for this version if you want to switch back and forth between both.  You can do this by installing the non-GFWL version and clicking "New Profile" in the login screen in Flight.

GFWL version (Multiplayer, but no aerocaches)
http://flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/FlightToolkit_1_0_23_0.zip

Non-GFWL version (Aerocaches and no GFWL keys needed, but no multiplayer)
http://flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/FlightToolkit_1_0_23_5.zip

In the future all versions of the toolkit ending in ".5" will be for non-GFWL.

Non-GFWL version (Aerocaches and no GFWL keys needed, but no multiplayer)

http://flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/FlightToolkit_1_0_23_5.zip

That's great - thanks a lot for your work. I wonder how long the multiplayer servers will keep on running, or if they simply forgot to switch them off. I would have imagined that it's more work maintaining those than the rather simple managing of an aerocache server? Maybe the multiplayer servers also run other multiplayer games using the same system, so can't be switched off independently?

By the way - it is as you wrote in one of the other threads. The non-GFWL version of the toolkit is not compatible with the steam version of flight. I tried it and flight could not load beyond the start screen ending with an error message. So I removed flight in steam and re-installed it via Games for Windows Marketplace - et voila, it works - though with some laggs when displaying messages/events.

That's great - thanks a lot for your work. I wonder how long the multiplayer servers will keep on running, or if they simply forgot to switch them off. I would have imagined that it's more work maintaining those than the rather simple managing of an aerocache server? Maybe the multiplayer servers also run other multiplayer games using the same system, so can't be switched off independently?

Yeah, maybe they have to wait for the next scheduled maintenance of the GfWL multiplayer servers to shut down the Flight servers.