Sign in to follow this  
Old_As_Dirt

10.31r1 is out!

Nothing exciting yet, hopefully visibility and weather will get some luuuuurv sometime soon (whilst I am still capable of holding a joystick and remembering what I ate for breakfast please).

whilst I am still capable of holding a joystick and remembering what I ate for breakfast please

Oh - You can still do those things?  :rolleyes: Think I'll go get a beer if I can remember where I put them!

John

John Wingold

Nothing exciting yet, hopefully visibility and weather will get some luuuuurv sometime soon (whilst I am still capable of holding a joystick and remembering what I ate for breakfast please).

Heck! The guys over at DCS will be flying saucers before weather gets justified in X-Plane  ^_^

Bernt Michael

What can I do in DCS? Do they have A320's or 777's? I'm not trying to be a smartA$$, I'm not familiar with DCS other than the various references to it here?

NAX669.png

What can I do in DCS? Do they have A320's or 777's? I'm not trying to be a smartA$$, I'm not familiar with DCS other than the various references to it here?

And its that reference showing up every now and then. I read in another typical endless debate on ground-handling in X-Plane, a bunch of users aired their frustration trying their best to understand and explain the scientific level of programming behind it all.. And one of them just cut through saying sometimes he gets tired of all the tweaking and understanding, and just wanna fire up something that "seems to work right out of the box" (referring to DCS) Furthermore adding "I dont know what the guys over there are doing but it just feels right"

Flying some of the models offered by the DCS-world one has to admit there is feeling of realistic flavour to movement, inertia, handling etc. (Despite few of us has ever been behind the controls of a A-10 flying) It manages to convince nonetheless. Would love to see some of that high-fidelity flight model-programming in X-plane, and so does many DCS users if you read various DCS-forums. But doing comparison on a broader scale might be unfair as they are totally different approaches to the flying experience.

Sorry for bringing this post way off, but to my knowledge you wont find any commercial airliner models within DCS. 

regards

Bernt Michael

Sorry for bringing this post way off, but to my knowledge you wont find any commercial airliner models within DCS.

X-Plane releases 10.31r...yeah I'd say you're way off topic. :wink:

X-Plane releases 10.31r...yeah I'd say you're way off topic. :wink:

And to get right back on track, here's one I welcome from the latest 10.31r:

• Saving a situation with the avionics power switch off now correctly restores without failing all avionics equipment

I also experienced trouble recovering (avionics, AP, FD) after CTD, and hopefully this has gotten better. Testing testing..

Bernt

And to get right back on track, here's one I welcome from the latest 10.31r:

• Saving a situation with the avionics power switch off now correctly restores without failing all avionics equipment

I also experienced trouble recovering (avionics, AP, FD) after CTD, and hopefully this has gotten better. Testing testing..

Bernt

I'm wondering if this could have been the cause for the vFlyAir Piper's avionic switch to always remain on when starting from cold and dark? I listed that as a bug but it could have been a workaround to the problem.

I'm wondering if this could have been the cause for the vFlyAir Piper's avionic switch to always remain on when starting from cold and dark? I listed that as a bug but it could have been a workaround to the problem.

Might be, Michel. Altough my CTDs mostly occur when using Carenados C90B or the B1900D (my rig has a hard time running especially that one) I really could use a state of the art gpu, I guess :)

I reckon lack of vRAM is why I have the occasional fps-plunges every 30-60 second when flying the before mentioned aircrafts(?)

Hmmm, it might be placebo (…) but it seems to run a nudge smoother !