Sign in to follow this  
gillesdenice

Tutorial N°2

Hi,

And what about tutorial N°2.

Would like to learn deeply about how to use it on ETOPS.

Thanks.

Gilles Menghetti

Ryan works on the tutorials in his free time. I think it's obvious that he didn't really have that much free time in the days before the release of SP1c.

Perhaps that'll change now, perhaps we'll still have to wait some time longer.

It'll get here when it gets here.

And not so long ago, in reference to a similar 'I want it now' post re:Tutorial, he gave his reasons, but as usual, we have the 'When? I must have it now!' brigade.

Why is patience in such short supply?

I think it's a balance between too much time to worry about a pdf file that they didn't receive an exact date of delivery on, and a general "me, me, me" attitude.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

And not so long ago, in reference to a similar 'I want it now' post re:Tutorial, he gave his reasons, but as usual, we have the 'When? I must have it now!' brigade.

I agree, sometimes that is the case. But in this instance, this comment was totally unnecessary. Gilles just asked a polite question, he is not (until now, at least) demanding anything or complaining about anything. But it seems that people here in Avsim, and especially in the PMDG forums, get a perverse pleasure in calling out and belittling everyone else... It's sad really.

But it seems that people here in Avsim, and especially in the PMDG forums, get a perverse pleasure in calling out and belittling everyone else... It's sad really.

I really don't think Rick was calling anyone out. He was simply referring to prior posts. I could be wrong, but I usually don't see posts of his in the same category as the posts of others (and occasionally mine).

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for that, Kyle. I was in fact not maligning anyone.

Time after time, it has been advocated that there is a 'Search' button in this particular Forum, and EVERY other forum that I've subscribed to. I thought the onus was on anyone choosing to join a forum, that at the very least, they'd use such a 'Search' facility and either find their answers in a much shorter time than waiting for a forum response, or get the solution in a forum failing that search..

In this instance, it had already been posted by Tabs, so search would have brought his answer up.

With all respect - and I am sure all the cheerleaders are going to get all uptight and ######y - but why is he doing the tutorials in his "free time"? The product was supposed to come with a second tutorial. PMDG is a business, and they should provide a written tutorial as promised. How about they pay someone to write one? This "free time" stuff makes it sound like Ryan does it out of the goodness of his own heart... 

The product was supposed to come with a second tutorial.

Was it?  I don't recall seeing that in the product description or contents, or as a promise that it would definitely be in the SP releases.

PMDG is a business, and they should provide a written tutorial as promised.

They will, but your version of "as promised" includes some random assignment of a deadline that - as far as I know - the tutorial never had.

How about they pay someone to write one? This "free time" stuff makes it sound like Ryan does it out of the goodness of his own heart... 

While I do see your assessment that they could have someone else in the company write it, as far as the development timetable goes, I don't see this as much of a high priority in comparison.  It isn't so much that Ryan is doing it out of the goodness of his own heart; it's more that there are more pressing matters for the entire team to contend with (other aircraft, other platforms, support tickets, and so on).

As I see it, it isn't quite part of the product features.  It's an addition by the company as a bonus.  It's in their best interest to include it, but I find it absurd that people are getting huffy about it.  It's a tutorial.  If you're clearly that impatient, go Google stuff and learn it on your own time.

Kyle Rodgers

The product was supposed to come with a second tutorial.

Welcome to the real world. Learn to live with it. All the panes I have had from other developers had no tutorials. You were on your own. Be thankful when it is available

That's why I had to quit medical school; I have no patients :D

Sorry, I can't stop the smart-alek from emerging at times :)

Pat☺

I have no patients :D

Just pray for patience, you'll receive many opportunities to learn. Something I'm too afraid to try.

Dan Downs KCRP

Spot on, Kyle!

Lol... you guys are hilarious. Can I join the team?