Sign in to follow this  
robbo3066

Altitude Fluctuation since SP1c

Prior to the update this issue wasn't happening, since the update, the aircraft cannot hold a particular altitude, fluctuating by between 100-300 ft either side, never allowing the flight compression to take place.

As mentioned this did not happen prior to the update and nothing else has changed on my system.

I did have a problem installing the update and had to uninstall the 773 & 777LR and then re-install them again.  

I have noticed something else, on the FMC the winds are reading what I would expect, such as on my current leg at 33000ft, 303/60Kt, whereas on the map on the MCP shows of 007/09kts and that doesn't seem to change.

I use Opus FSI weather, FSUIPC (resgistered version) and I have Windows 8, but as said before, none of that has changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

Rob Payne

Re-calibrate your FSUIPCs throttle axis please and/or your weather program configuration interference issue,check please.

Sam, thank you for your reply.

The first part, I don't use FSUIPC for the throttle.

The second part, forgive me, but I puzzled, may have to email OPUS for some help.

Rob

Rob Payne

I use Opus FSI weather

Right there is your problem. Get ASN.

Right there is your problem. Get ASN.

What an infantile comment....  :rolleyes: 

The PMDG 777 works beautifully with OpusFSX / OpusFSI.   Ok so no weather radar but far superior actual weather, more frames and smoother performance. :wink:

But besides yours and my personal opinions - do you really think you're helping this guy with his problem by simply telling him to spend more cash on another weather engine when he's telling you he has already chose and uses a weather engine?

If someone had a problem with the NGX would you suggest they solve it by buying the Aerosoft A319?

Not everyone has to follow like sheep you know..... there are always other options.

robbo3066

Robbo3066 - Try opening Opus and click on the "Weather" button, then click "Smoothing and Stabilization".   Now check all the boxes under the "High Altitude Wind Stabilization" section.  

You just voiced your opinion while putting him down for voicing his. That said when ever I've experienced this it has been weather related such as turbulence. It has always gone away when I've moved into smoother air.

Guys

I am just after some help, not wanting to get into petty comments which are not helpful!

Craig, thanks for your suggestion, some weird goings on.

The altitude seems to have stabilised, but I don't know why, it was doing it yesterday aswell.

But checking the wind displayed on the MCP, it is showing 15 degrees/15kts, yet the Learjet in the exact same location shows 50/50kts and the Aerosoft Airbus 47/51kts and the local METAR suggest 065/67kts.  Whilst you would expect maybe a couple of kts or degrees adrift, the 777 is well out.

I am currently flying longhaul EGLL to VTBS and throughout the wind on the 777 has been similar to what it is now, grossly different to what I would expect with much higher wind speeds and differing directions throughout the journey, yet the weather machine and setup hasn't changed.

Cannot explain this!

Rob

Rob Payne

What an infantile comment

I used OpusFSX from 9/2012 until 4/2013. However, I was never able to get the MD-11 and OpusFSX to work together in harmony. The A/P would disconnect from NAV and PROF maybe 2, 4, or 10 hours into a flight. The NGX and 744 worked okay. I eventually went back to ActiveSky2012. Maybe it works with T7 but it sure didn't work with the MD-11.