Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Feature Requests Topic

Hi Walter,

Your first wish has been implemented.

Your second wish cannot be done exactly as you described, because the selected parking is not necessarily the same as the location selected for the flight: when you select a parking and then select a runway or simply drag the aircraft icon on the map, the parking is still selected, but the flight location is not equal to the parking location any more. Popping up a message box when the selected parking is no longer equal to the flight location, would be annoying. Therefor I simply changed the foreground color of the selected parking when it's too small and I added some text to the tooltip:

TooSmall.jpg

thanks, Maarten

P.S. the above image still shows the wrong color for the parking symbol in the tooltip; this has been fixed now

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Maarten,

another wish:

It would be useful to have a list of documents for every flight, which i could open with SLX (PDF/Images/doc) (evtl. instead of the builtin PDF/Image viewer).

Thanks, Walter.

Hi Walter,

Sorry for the late reply, I did not get a notification e-mail from Avsim for some reason.

Can you explain your question a bit further, because I do not understand what you mean.

thanks, Maarten

Hi Walter,

I added a feature to associate files with a flight: create a folder with the same name as the flight file name (without the extension) within the flights folder and copy any file into this folder; a button on the Flight ribbon tab will open all files in this folder at once within the program associated with the particular file extension; there's also a button to add a file to this folder (creates the folder if it doesn't already exist) and a button to open the folder in Windows Explorer.

I hope this helps.

thanks, Maarten

Hi Maarten,

i see, you did understand me. That's very useful.

I've noticed some issues with those new functions:

1. If i select "Add associated file" and then select multiple files at once, SLX crashes.

2. I can't add links (.lnk) to the folder (i can select them but they were not added).

Thanks, Walter.

Hi Walter,

The crash is fixed, but I do not fully understand your problem with .lnk files. On my machine I can select shortcuts, but sometimes the program the shortcut points to is copied to the associated files folder i.s.o. the shortcut itself. That's just a C# or .NET anomaly. If it doesn't work as expected, open the associated files folder, and manually copy files and shortcuts to this folder.

thanks, Maarten

Hi Maarten,

one problem with the .lnk files is: you don't copy the link into the associated folder, but the file associated with the .lnk file. So if i select a link from the desktop for example, SLX copies the .exe file into the folder.

A little strange is, that copying of some shortcuts does nothing.

Kind regards, Walter

Hi Walter,

Yes, that's what I noticed as well. Nothing I can do about it. I simply perform a standard .NET file copy and the result is what you see. The associated files feature is meant to be used for documents only (text, pdf, images and the like), it is not meant to be used for launching programs. Launching programs, although not flight specific, can be done using the Launch window.

thanks Maarten

Hi Maarten,

i think, you're working with OpenFileDialog() .FileNames / .SafeFileNames.

The OpenFileDialog() class has a property named DereferenceLinks. The default value is TRUE. If you set it to FALSE, you get the real filename of the shortcut.

Kind regards, Walter.

Hi Walter,

Did you read my PM from March 11? The latest version has it fixed btw.

thanks, Maarten

Hi, Marteen

Is there a Function for go to fullscreen at each window? Question from a new user. Many Thanks for this really good program.

Dieter

Hi Maarten !

Thanks for the possibility to change the user 's aircraft color.

Unfortunately the AI aircrafts are now not clickable and visible.

Scott

Hi, Marteen

Is there a Function for go to fullscreen at each window? Question from a new user. Many Thanks for this really good program.

Dieter

Hi Dieter,

Only the map, the instruments and the radio stack have this '... only' option. You can however float a window (hold down the left mouse button on the window tab and drag the window out of its docking container or press Ctrl-D) and then double click on the title bar to maximize the floating window. Double click on the title bar again to restore the floating window to its previous size.

thanks, Maarten