Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Feature Requests Topic

My point Eric is that there is no grid or any other line that equates to it. [...] A simple grid that scales to the size of the line as the zoom changes provides a fast reference. 

Let's see if Maarten wants to add this request to his own 'to-add-features' list.  :wink:

:lol: LOL! Isn't that the whole point of a "wish" list?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Alvega,

We don't ask for more, everyone here is already very grateful and happy with the app.

We just give ideas to improve the program later, without stressing anybody.

Mike,

On the Airport page, clic on the upper right  properties icon (with the Wheel) and change your Filtering Mode to FilterRow. ;-)

David, thanks i will try that tonight.

Mike

Vic,

The map legend is located on the map footer. When using 'map only' view, the footer is hidden. Move your mouse over the top of the 'map only' view to show/hide the ribbon. On the ribbon you will find a 'Show footer' button.

I think there's already plenty possibilities to find distances on the map, so a grid that scales to the size of the scale is not on my wish list.

thanks, Maarten

I would like the ability to use an airport as a waypoint in a flight plan.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Airports can only be used as departure or destination. You can however right click anywhere on the map and select 'Add to flight plan'. If you do, a 'User' type waypoint will be added to the flight plan.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Maarten,

Perhaps in the future would it be possible to filter airports such as hard surface v. grass or runways 0 to 3000 feet and 3001 and above.  It would serve the purpose of de-cluttering the map.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I will put it on my whish list, but it's not easy since runway type, length and altitude are all runway properties not airport properties.

thanks, Maarten

Hi Maarten,

Is there any chance this might work with  Windows XP in the future, please?

Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I'm sorry but SimLauncherX does not and will not work on Windows XP: .NET 4.5+ is not supported on Windows XP.

Maarten

Hello,

it would be great, if one can show only filtered airports on the map.

example:

In SLX have airport publishers "Aerosoft", "FlyTampa" and "FSDreamTeam". Now I want to display only all my Aerosoft-airports or all Aerosoft- and all FlyTampa-airports. In that case you do not have to plot as much airports as plotting all stock airports, too.

Perhaps it is possible to show all the airports when zooming out, too. At the moment you have to zoom in very deeply to see the ploted airport symbols. So it would be great if I can see all my AddOn-airports when selecting complete Europe or North America or Asia.

Thanks,
Patric

it would be great, if one can show only filtered airports on the map.

example:

In SLX have airport publishers "Aerosoft", "FlyTampa" and "FSDreamTeam". Now I want to display only all my Aerosoft-airports or all Aerosoft- and all FlyTampa-airports. In that case you do not have to plot as much airports as plotting all stock airports, too.

+1

I like the idea.

Perhaps it is possible to show all the airports when zooming out, too. At the moment you have to zoom in very deeply to see the ploted airport symbols. So it would be great if I can see all my AddOn-airports when selecting complete Europe or North America or Asia.

Also a good side-effect of the above.

In case you missed it: currently it is possible to change the zoomlevel for showing the navigation symbols, in your preferences.

But of course it becomes too cluttered soon, especially in the USA. In Africa however you can change it quite a bit before it becomes cluttered.  ^_^

In case you missed it: currently it is possible to change the zoomlevel for showing the navigation symbols, in your preferences.

Thanks for the info. I will test it this evening.

Patric

Hi Patric,

The zoomlevel settings may be hard to find. The user guide will point you in the right direction.

thanks, Maarten

continued from the main thread

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453567-simlauncherx-the-freeware-tool-everyone-has-been-waiting-for/page-4#entry3106461

B) What do you mean with 'freeze time'?

c) I don't understand the request. The whole purpose of SimLauncherX is to be able to skip this screen.

d) aircraft without a panel.cfg file are considered to be AI aircraft and are excluded from the list

b: Lock simulator clock. There is a working tool for Fsx, but it doesn't work properly in P3d, and the developer is unable to continue working on the original program.

c: Sometimes tuning settings is in order before flying.

d: True, noticed that the actual .cfg file needs to be renamed/moved. Renaming "panel" folder doesn't cut it.

Additional one

e: After you select an airport from the "ICAO Id" field by clicking, make the consequent keypresses on keyboard bring up the desired location:  K > E > D > W and so forth . A bit like how it's done in Windows in general. Using the icon isn't that bad, but streamlining is always good.

continued from the main thread

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453567-simlauncherx-the-freeware-tool-everyone-has-been-waiting-for/page-4#entry3106461

b: Lock simulator clock. There is a working tool for Fsx, but it doesn't work properly in P3d, and the developer is unable to continue working on the original program.

c: Sometimes tuning settings is in order before flying.

d: True, noticed that the actual .cfg file needs to be renamed/moved. Renaming "panel" folder doesn't cut it.

Additional one

e: After you select an airport from the "ICAO Id" field by clicking, make the consequent keypresses on keyboard bring up the desired location:  K > E > D > W and so forth . A bit like how it's done in Windows in general. Using the icon isn't that bad, but streamlining is always good.

Hi Ville,

I would appreciate it if you could sign your posts with you real name.

b ) I have never heard of such a thing. Can you give me a link to this tool?

c ) everything you can do in the scenario screen, you can do in SimLauncherX as well, or am I missing something?

d ) you do not need to rename the aircraft.cfg file, renaming the panel.cfg file is enough. If you rename the aircraft.cfg file, the aircraft will not be included in the database at all and will not be visible as an AI aircraft

e ) I do not understand what you want to achieve; which icon are you talking about, what do you mean with 'bring up the desired location'? Please note that you can type in the filter box on the Airports ribbon tab to quickly find an airport

thanks, Maarten