Sign in to follow this  
pdungan

updating navaids in fsx

Is there any easy way to update navaids(vor,ils,runway frequencies)in fsx.i found a world navaids package installer for fsx on www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html.i read the documentation but it is very complicated.Theres something about uninstalling an bgl file.Can someone help?

That's the easiest way to do it.  What specifically do you have trouble with?

scott s.

That would surprise me.  Not an expert....I believe that the off-airport navaids (VORs and NDBs) can be updated by a big update (I applied an update once) but the on-airport stuff (including VORs, NDBs, ILSs that are located at an airport) are part of the airport AFCAD which means they'd all have to be updated individually.  There's a surly guy with a coffee cup who I'd consider the resident expert around here.  :rolleyes:

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I haven't done it yet but i just read on a website that the airac changes occasionally (waypoints,airways even sometimes ils,runway frequencies change)so if you input a flightplan into a FMC on the level d 767 for example-how can you execute an ils approach on the fmc if the ils frequencies on the airac are not the same as the ils frequencies in the navaids in fsx

The updates on the aero.sors.fr site take care of all off-airport navaids world-wide and work quite well.  They also update on-airport navaids for all of Europe (I thought it was only some, but the gentleman who puts these updates together kindly corrected me the last time the topic came up).  For the rest of the world, you're going to have to grab updated afcads if available or depend on updated payware airports as Gregg notes above.

Not sure what problems you're having, as the process is actually pretty straightforward.  Just be sure you've read the caveats, including the fact that you will not be able to use the built-in FSX flight planner once you've done this.

(BTW, I'm not the surly guy with the coffee cup Gregg refers to, though I am occasionally surly and do drink coffee, but most importantly, I'm a satisfied user of the updated data and have been for several years now.)

Scott

fsx user. I got the download. However, this error appears when the installer to work. "Some files in the provided package are missing or corrupted.please check that you correctly unzip ...". This was no longer compressed file yen. Please help. win7 64bit