Sign in to follow this  
stickmanbrad

Prepar3d | Info before buying please!

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to get a few facts from you guys about Prepar3D before i go and buy it. Recently given up with FSX temporary till i can work out the issue. Anyway back to P3d, basically i've been getting stack hash error's on FSX, so i'm hoping that p3d would work better and maybe not crash at all on my windows 8.1 Pro system. It's very good specs. (Specs on the forum post below). So need some information about if it will run crash free on my system. Secondly is i have the airbus X package and the PMDG 737 NGX, i was wondering if these 2 planes will run on p3d. I've heard things about the 737 and p3d but i thought its best to come here for you recommendations and setup information..

I intend buying the PMDG 777 also later this year.

I just want to know if its a good stable idea for my windows 8.1 pro system and it won't keep BEX stack hashing me.

Many thanks

Bradley Russell

You can check this out at: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453386-fsx-dtc-help-windows-81-pro-crashing-please-losing-will-to-live-stackhashbex/page-2#entry3098305

If FSX is giving errors on your PC, something is wrong with your setup. And if something is wrong with your setup, P3D might give you errors as well. FSX is not supposed to give you errors at all so don't expect another sim to solve the problem! So if getting rid of the error is the main reason for going to P3D: don't do it. First make sure your system is okay and then make a choice what sim you want to use.

Concerning the Airbus X: you can get it working but you would be better off buying the upgrade to the new Airbus from Aerosoft which is completely P3D compatible. And PMDG may not be used in P3D so you'd better not ask about that on this forum. PMDG is planning on releasing P3D compatible version in the future but until then P3D and PMDG officially is a no go.

If you want P3d, your best bet is to completely redo your system to eliminate the error and THEN try P3D but as Jeroen said, P3D will not correct your system flaws.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

As the other say, an error in FSX will probably produce also an error in P3D as nobody knows whats going on with your system.

All I can say is, that I have running P3D under win8.1 Pro without issues - and yes, much more stable then FSX.

PMDG does not officially support P3D, however if you accidently try to install the 737 you will notice it is running very well. Except a permanent, red TCAS cross. But this can be avoided if you minimize your P3D window during your flight is loading. Afterwards maximize it, and the cross is away. But don't expect support from PMDG.

The 777 does not run - it is actively prevented from running in P3D (and we shouldn't start here to discuss why it is so  :wacko:  :rolleyes: )

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prepar3D offers a 60 day money-back guarentee so you have nothing to loose.

Thank you everyone. So basically my next question Is quite simple really. Which copy do I get? I see a like $50 one and I like the sound of that. Mind you new computer setup soon with windows 7. I wanted to have p3d on this system because it's better and can run 3 screens. But with these stackhash ctds that won't disapear even after pretty much everything suggested I'm at knots here...

Many thanks

Bradley

Get whichever version you feel you qualify for. EULA discussions are NOT allowed. With the exception of a small watermark in the upper right hand corner of the screen, there is NO functional difference between the Professional and the Academic version.

Pick one and enjoy.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I think you know which version to get, Bradley.

best answers J van e and vg baron im my humble opinion no need for any further responses really ....

Why giving an answer, if you have the opinion there's no answer neede? ;)

btw. I have the academic version.

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Thanks guys. But it seems as if I'm reluctant to get p3d just incase it decidies to crash also. But after going through all reasons of stackhash with FSX I presume it's to do with graphics. So using this would surely solve it. Also the migration tool. Yes/no? Or should I stay away from it?

I should you should make up your own mind.

If you decide to purchase P3D, I strongly recommend also purchasing the Estonia Migration Tool. It makes installing most FSX addons into P3D an absolute breeze.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks guys. But it seems as if I'm reluctant to get p3d just incase it decidies to crash also. But after going through all reasons of stackhash with FSX I presume it's to do with graphics. So using this would surely solve it. Also the migration tool. Yes/no? Or should I stay away from it?

Many developers are already providing dedicated installers for their products but the EMT is a good way to get many other supported products into P3D.

Vic