Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

Problems with Camera 6DOF Error

Bonjour,

The scenario....

- Start FSX

- Start OpusFSI SERVER

- Change views using a XBOX 360 Wireless.

- After a while the zoom, position of the camera became inconsistent... 

- Then the camera system stop working.

- Spy shows : 

Claude Troncy

Firstly, the LCC does not alter the zoom level at all since zoom control is very inefficient within the sim and so is not really suited to LCC control. If the zoom level is changing then this can only be done by either changing the camera view (selecting a different live camera view), or using the zoom controls in the sim.

Secondly, make absolutely sure that ALL buttons and axes of your controller have been removed from the sims controls settings. These will be automatically assigned each time you connect with your controller. That may make the wireless controller difficult if not impossible to use for a dedicated LCC controller.

Finally, any 6DOF exception means your sim cannot cope with the LCC view changes. There is no recovery from these exceptions inside the sim hence you must restart FSISERVER. These exceptions can also occur if you are asking too much for your sim to do, usually if you are using a very high resolution screen. If you are asking the sim to manipulate a very high number of pixels in its main display window it may throw an exception indicating it cannot cope.

You could try slowing down the LCC axes.

Stephen :-)

Hi Stephen,

Of course I have checked that all buttons and axes are not defined in FSX....

Before starting OpusFSI, while FSX is running, the 2 small joysticks of the Xbox 360 has no effects.

Once OpusFSI started, generally I can use the joysticks to pan the camera view. Is it suppose to work like that ? I am not sure.

In this configuration (Joysticks working) the 6DOF error occurs.

Now, after relaunching OpusFSI, sometimes the joysticks are not working, and in this configuration I have no problem.

I am not sure, I am very clear, it is not easy to explain.

Claude 

Claude Troncy

Hi Claude,

I will see about adding an adjustable LCC Delay factor that you can set in the Shortcuts - Live Camera Control dialog. You may get rid of the 6DOF error on your system if you slow the LCC updates down a bit.

What FSX screen resolution have you set ?

I believe someone else has had problems with the Wireless XBox controller going to sleep and disconnecting itself. So you will need to rule that out. Also check to see what control you have over your Wireless XBox configuration. Can you adjust the scanning or update speed.

With the controller specified for use as an LCC device in the above dialog then yes you can use the axes to move around the cockpit. They shouldn't be used as a panning hat switch. Do they adjust the display when you remove the device in the Opus LCC dialog? If so, have you got FSUIPC4 using the controllers axes?

When you run the FSISERVER open the Spy window and the current list of controllers will be displayed in the Spy window. You should see your XBox listed there. If it's not then it may have disconnected itself.

I use a 'wired' USB Sony DualShock 3 controller so I can't help too much with your wireless controller. Make sure it never sleeps or disconnects as this will obviously cause problems in both FSX and Opus ... The controller will disappear from the device list if it does.

Hi Brian,

My resolution is 1920X1200. I have also disable FSUIPC4.

I am the one who had problems and still have with the xbox 360 wireless controller.

The behavior of OpusFSI with this controller is not consistant. I never  should have bought it.

I do not say it is OpusFSI which is responsible, but the way windows 7 and FSX allocate the joystick number, is incomprehensible.

I think you should warn it on your web site.

Is there a wireless controller working with OpusFSI ?

Best regards

Claude Troncy

I've no idea if anyone has got a wireless controller working with the sim. The sim and Addons like ours are not really designed to work with dynamically changing or allocated controller devices. We read the list in on start up and cross ref this with the controller numbering used in the sim. We do reallocate ours based on device name so that the order can change from session to session, but cannot continually check the device list via DirectX to reinitialise everything on the fly. That's why its a major problem if a wireless controller sleeps or disconnects, later to reconnect. It causes problems in the sim and also in our software.

I will see if I can add this LCC delay factor so that users can tune their LCC 6DOF rates. But I would advise you to get a cheap wired controller. A 'Wired' Sony DualShock 3s shouldn't be too costly nowadays, you could sell your wireless Xbox on EBay.

Stephen,

I understand the problem with the wireless controller, and check the device list through directx, is not the solution. 

1 So I will certainly  buy a sony Dualschock 3 controller. 

Is there a specific driver for w7 64 bits ?

2 But how can i be sure that with a wired controller the 6DOF error will disappear ? I do not understand why. It is the main problem as I have to restart OpusFSI.

I have a 4.6 Ghz OC cpu with a resolution of 1920X1200 and even with the lcc axes at the minimum speed the exception occurs. I have the feeling the problem is related with moving around the cockipt when using the 2 small joysticks.... But it is just a feeling.

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

I just used the standard driver that windows installed on my w7 64 bit system.

All I can say is I do not get any 6DOF errors but if you still get errors on your system then you will have to wait until I put the amendment in the software for the 6DOF delay.

I use three joysticks and have no problems. I think the LCC updates need to be slowed down on your system with the 6DOF delay.

Stephen

Increase the General Delay in any of the DHM dialogs, that will slow down the LCC update. Try increasing it by 5 at a time if you still get errors, it can go up to 50 ms maximum.

I made a simconnect trace.
I find strange the pitch, bank, and heading degres.... It seems the problem start as soon as I have those type of values in the trace

Claude

51.46187 [ 3, 264]CameraSetRelative6DOF:fDeltaX=0.005000, fDeltaY=0.021031, fDeltaZ=-0.105806, fPitchDeg=340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000, fBankDeg=340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000, fHeadingDeg=340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000
> 51.46189 [ 3, 265]CameraSetRelative6DOF:fDeltaX=0.005000, fDeltaY=0.020743, fDeltaZ=-0.104271, fPitchDeg=340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000, fBankDeg=340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000, fHeadingDeg=340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000
> 51.46190 [ 3, 266]CameraSetRelative6DOF:fDeltaX=0.005000, fDeltaY=0.020456, fDeltaZ=-0.102736, fPitchDeg=340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000, fBankDeg=340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000, fHeadingDeg=340282346638528860000000000000000000000.000000
<

Claude Troncy

OK, thanks for the information.

Did you try increasing the General Delay in any of the DHM dialogs?

I have no idea what the SimConnect trace is.

You can tell if your LCC values are normal from the camera editing, all the data is validated. I will check the LCC validation.

I have just checked all the LCC data and it is OK so I've no idea why you got those values in the trace.

Try increasing the General Delay and let me know if that makes a difference. All LCC and Live Camera values are checked so that they are valid ranges within the sim.

I have increased the gen delay to 50ms in DHM... Yes it is better, but the exception still appears when I change the cameras too quickly.

Regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

It cannot be slowed down any further otherwise it will not result in a smooth movement. I would reinstall SimConnect using our supplied msi file and disconnect the wireless controller. Then see if LCC is ok using the Controls dialog.

Also make sure you have disabled the LCC and checked your controller is not controlling anything on the screen. Just to rule out two sources using the controllers axes. Also check the XBox controllers configuration to see if any adjustments there will help.

Personally I think the wireless mode and driver may be causing problems with the sims performance and inducing 6DOF errors.

I installed the OpusFSI simconnect, and LCC was ok through the Control dialog.

Sure the controller is not controlling anything in FSX, 

When I disable LCC, no more problems, no exception.... but  of course I cannot use the axes to move around in the cockpit.

I tried to find on the web in France a Wired' Sony DualShock 3, but no chance, I can only find a wireless one. Is the wired logitech F310 OK  ? We can still find it.

Claude

Claude Troncy