Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

Problems with Camera 6DOF Error

No idea, I only use the Sony.

Stephen

Actually, I use a wireless Sony DualShock 3 but have it plugged in via its USB lead. Does your Xbox allow a USB connection?

Stephen

In fact I have a "Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver" which is the only way to connect the controller.

The usb connection is only used for charging.

I will look for the wireless DualShock 3.

Is a specific usb cable needed ?

Regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

I believe the cable comes with it as its the charging cable. Why don't you try and plug yours in just in case it's dual purpose as mine is.

Stephen

Unfortunately the cable is specific and sold inside a battery pack.

This cable cannot be used to communicate data with the pc.

Found in Wikipedia.

The Play and Charge Kit contains a rechargeable battery pack and a USB charging cable. Use of the charging cable does not affect the functionality of the controller, and may be used without interruption to game play. The Play & Charge cable also allows use of a wireless controller without a battery pack. When doing so, Microsoft recommends using a AA pack (empty) to avoid damage to the exposed battery compartment.[9] When connected, the controller does not act as a wired controller, but continues to communicate with the console or receiver wirelessly; data is sent via USB to the host only to allow automatic syncing and to initiate charging and does not send controller input data.[10] As a result, the cable need not be plugged into the console or computer the controller is being used with — any convenient powered USB port may be used. The Play and Charge Kit will also automatically sync the controller to a Wireless Gaming Receiver when both are plugged into a Windows computer.

Claude

Claude Troncy

Thanks Claude,

I will have to investigate what my Sony is doing, I've always had it plugged in to a front usb connector.

Stephen

Bonjour Stephen,

This morning I received the PS3 controller. I had no problem to install it, but after re-enabling LLC , unfortunately the axes did nor work. The buttons are OK.

- In Windows the controller is ok

- In FSX  when the axes are defined, it works.

- In LLC, that doesn't work.

- LLC works through the dialog.

The problem I had with the Xbox 360 was also in this area, related to axes. Sometimes they did not work, but sometimes they worked, and made OpusFSI inconsistent with at the end 6DOF errors.

As I have no idea how the axes are managed in Opus FSI, I don't know where to look. Are there some traces I can start to investigate what's going go.

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

Please read the manual. You must first plug in your DualShock and leave it plugged in before running FSX or Opus. Then open the Spy window, does the controller appear listed there. Open the FSX Settings Controls, is it listed there. If so then make sure you remove ALL auto assigned buttons and axes within the sim.

Then open the Opus Configure dialog and enable Live Camera Control LCC.

Then open the Opus Shortcuts LCC dialog and select the controller in the box provided. See the example given in the guide. Then configure your axes and buttons for LCC use.

Stephen

You must configure your FSISERVER ready to use the controller after making sure it's installed and you have removed the button and axes assignments in FSX.

Please read ...

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsi_user2.htm#Game%20Controllers

Stephen

Please follow the above instructions and tell the FSISERVER program you wish to use this controller for LCC. You must also configure the buttons and axes you are using. The software can not assume anything so you must configure it and assign the controller, buttons, and axes you want to use for your LCC functions. The manual is quite clear on how to do this and you might find the image of the Shortcuts LCC dialog useful as that shows my configuration. Do make sure you REMOVE all the assigned buttons and axes for that controller within FSX, something you must always do if you unplug it and reconnect it again in the future.

Stephen

Hi Stephen !

So the results with the PS3 controller in USB mode.

If I push the system to the limits, for example by changing the camera, while using the joysticks to move around in the cockpit. I sometimes get 6DOF errors.

But when I do everything with calm, it is very stable without errors.

I was wondering if it is possible to disable the change of camera while moving around, and inversely to disable the pan while the camera is changing.

I also tried to  connect the controller through bluetooth.

As no native drivers are available, I choose to install the "SCP DS3" one.

With this driver the controller is seen as a xbox360, but it works.

Now I continue to explore OpusFSI, and I have in mind others questions. 

I will create new topics, if I am not able to find the answer in the doc.

What else !  Great software... BRAVO !

Best regards

Claude 

Claude Troncy