Sign in to follow this  
thannyd

744v2 variations

Hi dev-team,

I was wondering which models are being modeled on the upcoming 744v2 e.g. 74J (-400D), 74E (-400M), 74H (-8i), 74N (-8f), LCF etc...

I think only the popular ones,

747-400 and the -8 (both I believe are coming in freighter as well).

I personally wouldn't be too bothered with the -8. Beautiful as it may be, it's just not popular in real life.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I think only the popular ones,

747-400 and the -8 (both I believe are coming in freighter as well).

I personally wouldn't be too bothered with the -8. Beautiful as it may be, it's just not popular in real life.

Alex

It's popular enough. Maybe not that wide-spread, as only Lufthansa has them in service right now but Air China and Korean Air are also joining the league in the near future. I do wonder though whether they will model both, the RR and the PW engines or just the more popular ones, which I assume are the PW's. 

Really can't wait to see the first previews of the queen - especially the -400! There's just something iconic, reliable and robust to it. COME ON ROB, STOP TORTURING US!  :P

"Patience is a virtue  virtual FSX pilot"..  :lol: :lol:

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

I really hope for the BCF. There are so many great cargo companies that fly or have flown them. Second best cargo aircraft to see after the 747 classics, unfortunately they wont come over to Schiphol that often anymore.

sig1.png
sig2.png

i tend to fly what's out there in real aviation. In three years most of the B744 passengers will be retired and then the B744 freight. The only queen that will be around is the 800 series both passenger and freight models. So i'm looking forward on how the 800 series will come out on this version 2.

Here is PMDG B748 Ver1 on Air China...

CA11_zps80faf636.png

Kin M.

(Klax)

While it is true that about 95% of all air travel is in twins, in my mind there will always be only one Queen of the Skies. She is beautiful like a work of art: Graceful yet powerfull and large yet sleek.  I read a good biography of Juan Trippe that had a nice bit of the Queen's history; for example, Juan wanted a double decker (a la A380) but Boeing was having fits with trying to figure out the best way to do it when they came up with an idea for a wide body, which was truely revolutionary at the time. The width they settled on, 20 ft., is because that is how wide the Pan Am conference room was where they made the presentation to Juan. They had two large mock-up models back in Renton for Pan Am to view and that sold them. The only caveat was Juan wanted the staircase to be spiral, and after much inhouse argument they gave the customer what he wanted. The engines are a story unto themselves. What great history!

Dan Downs KCRP

It's popular enough. Maybe not that wide-spread, as only Lufthansa has them in service right now but Air China and Korean Air are also joining the league in the near future. I do wonder though whether they will model both, the RR and the PW engines or just the more popular ones, which I assume are the PW's. 

Really can't wait to see the first previews of the queen - especially the -400! There's just something iconic, reliable and robust to it. COME ON ROB, STOP TORTURING US!  :P

Isn't it the GE's that are most popular?

Alex Ridge

I know that, for the -8s the GE is the only one available.

For the rest, though, I can't really pin it down.  I'd argue that the GEs are most popular, but I have no firm numbers to support that.  Rollers aren't even offered on the ER models, so there's an immediate stat hit to them.  PWs are used by some pretty big operators, though (UAL I know for sure).  I'd say it's a pretty close race.

The only queen that will be around is the 800 series both passenger and freight models. So i'm looking forward on how the 800 series will come out on this version 2.

8 series.  No zeroes.

Kyle Rodgers

We will all probably faint when we see the first 747v2.0 previews. I know I will probably scream like a little girl. 

aceridgey, on 21 Oct 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

I know that, for the -8s the GE is the only one available.
For the rest, though, I can't really pin it down.  I'd argue that the GEs are most popular, but I have no firm numbers to support that.  Rollers aren't even offered on the ER models, so there's an immediate stat hit to them.  PWs are used by some pretty big operators, though (UAL I know for sure).  I'd say it's a pretty close race.

Absolutley about the GE's on the -8.. To be fair though, the PW's on the UAL's are the only ones I can think of, on the top of my head.. The RR are obviously on all of British Airways (one of, if not, the largest operators of the type) and Qantas etc.

I would probably say GE's but I am waiting for this weeks news! Exciting times :)

Alex

Alex Ridge

This weeks news. PMDG are holding development of all aircraft, whilst they concentrate on their first release for goat simulator, codenamed "PMDG BillyX"

Absolutley about the GE's on the -8.. To be fair though, the PW's on the UAL's are the only ones I can think of, on the top of my head..

DL's birds have the PW engines as well, but of course there aren't that many in their fleet now.

i tend to fly what's out there in real aviation. In three years most of the B744 passengers will be retired and then the B744 freight. The only queen that will be around is the 800 series both passenger and freight models. So i'm looking forward on how the 800 series will come out on this version 2.

It will be many years before 744 freighters stop flying. A couple of decades possibly. As 747-8 sales have been slow the 744 may well continue to outnumber them for a long time to come.

For the PMDG 747v2 product, I'm more interested in the 747-8 version than the 747-400. I know the -400 well, so the -8 offers a chance at something a bit different.

Absolutley about the GE's on the -8.. To be fair though, the PW's on the UAL's are the only ones I can think of, on the top of my head.. The RR are obviously on all of British Airways (one of, if not, the largest operators of the type) and Qantas etc.

I would probably say GE's but I am waiting for this weeks news! Exciting times :)

Alex

A lot of operators chose PW4000 engines. Apart from UAL they included Singapore, Korean, Air Canada, MAS, Air India, Air China, China Airlines and El Al. So I suspect the honours are fairly evenly split between GE and PW.

RR orders were fewer and included BA, Qantas, Cathay Pacific, ANZ and Cargolux.

GE engines seem to be preferred by the big cargo operators (apart from Cargolux) but fleets can get mixed when they obtain aircraft second hand.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Yeah, no matter what, i'm excited about the B744 Ver 2 and the 8. Imagine the VC quality of the B777 on it........

Kin M.

(Klax)