Sign in to follow this  
abasa12

Low FPS LVFR Miami

SImmers,

I recently purchased a new rig (specs on my profile), and so far all has been going well. FPS between 16 and 40 during the flight, including tons of traffic, ASN, PMDG T7 and NGX, REX4, ENB, etc... Over 15 is fine, and usually it's around 20, which is perfect for me. Recently, though, I tried an approach into LVFR Miami (2.0), my first time into the airport with my new sim, and I found that performance was dreadful. As soon as I turned towards the terminal (I use EZCA and TIR as well), FPS dropped below 10, hovering around 8-9. Looking away in exterior, I was up to about 14, but still very low. Just to make sure there was nothing conflicting, I disabled FSDT KFLL, turned all AI to 0, reduced autogen to 0, and tried once more, with the same result. VC in the T7 and I was down below 10FPS. To make sure it wasn't a full-sim issue, I went to FSDT KLAX with the same settings, and I was easily double the performance, VC looking at the terminal at around 18-20FPS. Even that's a little lower than I would've hoped (if anyone has any ideas based on my specs and addons to change that would make things run faster, I'm all ears), but my main problem was at Miami. I tried once more, and same result. less than 10.

I don't think that that's to be expected with the settings I tried it with with the specs that I have, so if anyone has a clue as to what's going on, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Derek

By the way, at KLAX, exterior views not looking at the terminal were at or above 40FPS when I tried it.

This is just a subjective impression but I can confirm that looking at the terminal (even with FDST KFLL being disabled, so not contributing anything negatively) the fps are really low when running complex airliners. It's a bit of a shame since I think the airport looks great.

I did disable all of the "clutter" bgl files to see if that helps. I think it didn't. I'm also running Miami X (city scenery) which somehow helped with the fps, maybe because the photoreal background doesn't introduce as many 3D objects as the default city would. It only does so for the high buildings, but those are far enough away when it comes to the looking at the terminal issue.

There must be something about this terminal since even when enabling KFLL again, fps don't really suffer.

I don't have the Drzewiecki scenery, so that may be part of it as you suggested. What kinds of "clutter files" do you mean?

Just go to Addon Scenery\LatinVFR\Miami_KMIAv2\Scenery and search for every file with a "clutter" in the name. Move them to another (inactive) folder. As said, I don't think it helped much.

I have the same problem, its just crap Scenery, I uninstalled it after messing around for a bit.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Lvfr Miami v2 is very badly optimized unfortunately. 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Always seem to be in the low 20s no matter what. I usually get 35+ in FSDT/Flytampa scenery.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png