Sign in to follow this  
mawibo

Support

Dear SLX users,

I'm very busy at the moment answering all kinds off questions via e-mail. In between answering those e-mails (and my real life activities like doing my daytime job, eating, cooking, caring for my cats etc.) I also have to fix the bugs that have been reported so far.

Many of you would like to see SLX work on a client computer with the simulator installed on a server. It is possible (I know a couple of you have it up and running). It's just a matter of getting the shares on the server (+ access rights) and the drive mappings on the client.setup correctly. There is one issue however: the startup program doesn't work from the client and I'm working on a solution. One user kindly offered to post a little explanation on how to set things up properly.

If at all possible, I would like you to post your questions as much as possible on the forum, so I can concentrate on getting things fixed. This doesn't mean you cannot send me an e-mail of course.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Great Maarten, take your time. What we have is already excellent.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi Maarten,

First, thanks very much for all of your hard work.  :Applause: 

I've just started working my way through this package, and there are a couple of things that are puzzling me:

1. I'm running FSX and P3Dv2, but I can't find out where to switch the app from FSX to P3D. It always starts in FSX mode, and I haven't been able to find an option to select the sim. Am I missing something obvious?

2. When updating the package, it is downloaded, and then after the update is done, I can't find the downloaded zip file anywhere. Not in the original download directory, nor in the recycle bin. Is it permanently deleted after update? I wanted to copy the file over to my client machine, but it was gone.

Regards & Thanks

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Excuse me for responding late.

1. First you need to make sure you have set both FSX and Prepar3D to installed.in the simulator settings (Home tab, Settings). Once you have done that, you will get 2 profiles: one for FSX and one for Prepar3D. If you select the Prepar3D profile, SLX will restart in Prepar3D mode. After that on startup, SLX will load the profile that was active when you last exited SLX.
  2. The updates are by default downloaded to your %USERPROFILE%\Downloads folder. The filename is SimLauncherX.zip or SimLauncherX_n.zp if you have downloaded more than one update. Once you have chosen a folder to download the updates to, SLX will download every update to this folder without asking. If you want the next update to go to another folder, perform a reset of SLX through the backstage menu or run the reset.bat file in the SLX installation folder. The downloaded updates are not deleted after the update.

Hope this helps, Maarten

Thanks Maarten, I'll check the profiles as soon as I get a chance. I did set up the files for both FSX and P3D, but didn't see how it worked.

For info. I just discovered why I couldn't find the file:

It was called SimLaucherX.zip, the missing 'n' meant that it didn't appear when I searched my system.

Regards

Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

My eyes are getting old apparently. I looked at the code about 10 times before I finally saw where this missing n was. I just released a new version which will still be saved as SimLaucherX.zip; coming versions will be saved with the proper SimLauncherX.zip file name.

thanks, Maarten