Sign in to follow this  
wizkid27147

Graphics Card for Dell Inspirion 580

Hi guys, I was wondering which was the best graphics card i can get for a 500w PSU.

OPTION 1: EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2 GB SC

OPTION 2: ASUS R7 250 1 GB

OPTION 3: SAPPHIRE R7 265 2 GB

OPTION 4: EVGA GTX 650 Ti 2 GB  

Hi guys, I was wondering which was the best graphics card i can get for a 500w PSU.

OPTION 1: EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2 GB SC

OPTION 2: ASUS R7 250 1 GB

OPTION 3: SAPPHIRE R7 265 2 GB

OPTION 4: EVGA GTX 650 Ti 2 GB  

Are you sure you have 500W there? according to this it's 300W, and probably less in the 12V rail

The only card I would consider is the 750Ti, the reference version with no power connectors that runs off the PCIe slot provided power

If you don't mind me asking, could you make the font a little smaller? The size difference is somewhat disturbing.  :P

What PSU are you going to upgrade with? From my experience, anyway, Dells can be somewhat picky with their setup, especially since all the ones I've worked with are BTX standard and not ATX.

The nice thing about the EVGA card is, as stated above, it doesn't require a powerful PSU, which would save you money as well. I have that exact EVGA card (upgraded from an MSI OC GTX 460), and I noticed a significant performance increase overall (a minor change in FSX). If you have a great CPU and you aren't using a thousand 4096 resolution textures, I think you'd probably be happy with the 750 SC.