This board was released back in 2012 but I recently came to think of it.

I was thinking of Z9PE-D8 WS it can handle DUAL intel xeon CPUS and it seems every cpu have a dual lane mem config.

We all know FSX wants a main core and as fast as possible, so I was thinking of asking if anybody have tested this, maybe it will take advantage of both main cores, since they are to different cpus?

Have like dual xeon @ 3.7Ghz OV to 4.7Ghz

I've thought about this myself...I wouldn't think the extra CPU will gain extra CPU performance, if that makes any sense. I think the memory setup my allow for better/faster RAM access, although if you have ECC that will slow things down some. And I would assume that the second CPU would be able to offset background tasks better, allowing the main CPU to concentrate of FSX.

But I could be wrong. Maybe someone with dual CPUs could chime in. :)

Have like dual xeon @ 3.7Ghz OV to 4.7Ghz

I'm pretty sure you can't overclock Xeons except for a few % in the base clock. That system would actually perform worse running at lower speed and most cores sitting there doing nothing

If you want extra cores, get a Haswell-E system with 6 or 8 cores, but 6 should be plenty

I've thought about this myself...I wouldn't think the extra CPU will gain extra CPU performance, if that makes any sense. I think the memory setup my allow for better/faster RAM access, although if you have ECC that will slow things down some. And I would assume that the second CPU would be able to offset background tasks better, allowing the main CPU to concentrate of FSX.

But I could be wrong. Maybe someone with dual CPUs could chime in. :)

There is no better way than test, unfortunatly I just spend my budget testing the 9590FX impressive powerfull CPU for all other games but FSX.

I have got the new ASUS Stirx Nvidia 970GTX 4GB Iv heard it will add some 10Fps to fsx, its in my intel rig but I never had the chance to test it, this is very interresting info for a simulator that we think releays havely on CPU.

All the extra cpu will get you is extra processor cores for more threads.  FSX is still going to run the bulk of things in the one main thread which will only go to one of the cpu's.  The rest is going to get used for scenery etc. just like it is on a single cpu system.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I'm pretty sure you can't overclock Xeons except for a few % in the base clock. That system would actually perform worse running at lower speed and most cores sitting there doing nothing

If you want extra cores, get a Haswell-E system with 6 or 8 cores, but 6 should be plenty

You could force turbo  and with most  boards get a 2011 Xeon to run all the cores @ max turbo frequency but if you're a bit creative you may have more options.