Sign in to follow this  
Air1

msvcp120.dll not found

Ok, dumb question. Tried installing toolkit 1.0.23.5 on my laptop copy of flight and now it will not start because

msvcp120.dll not found. This is probably a common problem. Think I saw it mentioned somewhere else but can't find it just now. Not good at messing with computer files. Any easy recommendations for installing this .dll file would be greatly appreciated.    :(

Steve

Hi Folks

Steve -

I had a related issue previously.

From correspondence with Steve -

The FTK installer is supposed to install the redist,

but I have seen some issues where it doesn't for some people.

The tools are all 32 bit, so you need to install the x86 vcredist, not x64.

i.e. VCRedist relates to the targetted application, not the user's OS.

Also needs to be VCRedist for Visual Studio 2013.

Download from - microsoft
It'll prompt you to select the version, choose vcredist_x86.exe
IIRC, post install you'll need to reboot.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Thanks Paul, that worked. It starts and runs fine on my laptop now. However the Pilot Profile is blank. All 350 Aerocaches are present and accounted for.

When it starts up it says it says unknown Cametag, what should go there? New profile? Sign in? If I just click sign in I get the blank profile.  My main computer is still running the original multiplayer version and I'm reluctance to mess with it until I understand what is going on. Least I can go find all the Aercaches again. :lol: I understand that both versions should be able to run on the same machine? Just need things spelled out I guess.

Steve

Have you backed up your profile on your laptop by running the toolkit int the background before the servers were switched off? If not, I assume the toolkit can't find your profile on the laptop, and therefore states unknown Gametag. Since the servers - at least those for aerocaches - are now switched off, there is no way for the toolkit to determine which aerocaches you've already collected.

Andreas

I wonder if you can just copy your profile from your desktop to your laptop? I know you can do so with the career files.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Yeah should be able to copy the player profile from the other computer.  The toolkit will state "Unknown gamertag" if it detects a profile, but that profile is missing the ProfileData.xml that is generated by the profile backup prior to the servers shutting down.  You can use that profile without issue, and you should also be able to rename it one time to a different gamertag if you want to have multiple and have it be more clear.