Sign in to follow this  
jpc55

An interesting story.

I went into Flight yesterday and was informed that TurnedCrab36127 (Steve) was in session. So I joined in and found his yellow CC in the drink south of Bellows AFB (XBEL) on Oahu. I landed on the beach of the little Island he was next to.

ZH2uiHJ.jpg

I then land on the little Island after about 3 attempts and was hoping Steve would come back in, when I received a hail from BergSpreu69 in Alaska, so I joined him there.  After I got there WorldyKlan93 also showed up and we were all flying in P-51’s headed to Talkeetna (PTKA). As I was landing there they both said they had to go, and bit farewell.

I then returned to Oahu to see what Steve stasis was. His plane had floated closer to Oahu by this time, so I changed to the Icon and landed in the water and proceeded to push his CC toward shore. These are SS showing my progress that took me a couple of hours to do.

zsJiBDr.jpg

e1HEWwB.jpg

lZtB682.jpg

gJMLSAl.jpg

fBk6PHD.jpg

NBu9HqG.jpg

EXwdUUD.jpg

IEG6D8m.jpg

FhDoZk1.jpg

3Fosl3i.jpg

tR47GZ4.jpg

O5t0IzA.jpg

m1EvwrJ.jpg

This is the last shot just before I signed out.

LI1b6UA.jpg

Hey Steve, I claiming salvage rights on your yellow CC.

:P:lol: B)

Interesting story Jack!

The Multiplayer does have a few bugs even though the servers are shut down! This glitch existed right from the start. I can recall once when were were both on Multiplayer... I thought you were on the ground but when I asked, you had already taken off and just about to land!  ^_^

Nice to know that you are always there for Steve!  :lol:

That was a lot of effort for a water logged Cub, thanks. I don't recall leaving it in the drink, but I have found other aircraft in that same situation. If you can get it started you are welcome to fly it out. I had landed on the beach, two other cubs were parked there. Came back later and they were gone so I took off and landed on a small island not far off the beach. My CC is still there, I have not gotten back to it yet.

i23OCdj.jpg

Steve

Flight multiplayer offered something that is lacking in single player Flight: "Life".

Other sim pilots have mentioned how lonely it feels to land at a beautifully detailed Flight airport, that's lifeless.

In FSX there is computer generated life that, at least makes it feel like you are not here alone.

It sounds like bringing Multiplayer into Addon Manger is not an easy job, and therefore is far down the priority list.

Perhaps bringing over FSX computer generated life (other air traffic, etc.), is easier to do ?

Always looking for the low hanging fruit~Tom

I think both living world and scheduled AI were removed. However, it might be possible to create custom missions with mission AI, similar to the landing aircraft in the aerobatics mission at Dillingham.

@Steve

My best guess is that someone else tried to land where you were and knock you into the drink. I seen people do this to other people when the person is in menu.

In my first SS, your plane was just off my left wing tip bobbing around in the water. I think I landed the beach you were on.When I came back from Alaska, is was about in the location of the red circle. I pushed it ashore at about the point of the red arrow. When you get back in let me know how you find it.

io7Pm6O.jpg

I start my second treatment to day, so will be quiet for awhile.

Best to all.  J.R.

I thought that if you pause or go to the map your plane relocates to where you were before when you resume the flight?

J.R. - I don't know what treatment you are taking, and I'm not asking. I just want to say that I hope all goes well for you and if you have a serious health issue, I hope it's resolved for the better real soon.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I had a tumor in my bladder that was removed. They now have me on a 4 stage chemotherapy treatment. I go one day a week for 3 weeks for treatment then I have a week off. My 2 stage started yesterday. It kind of knocks the stuffings out of me during the first 3 weeks, but on the 4 week I get pretty much back to normal, and want to do some flying. :Big Grin:

Thanks for the kind words from you, and I sure from others on this great forum!

All the very best to you an yours, and to all! :smile:

Sincerely J.R.

I suggest you do what I did yesterday then. Just for grins, I hauled a passenger, which I haven't done in quite some time. My goal was to make him as sick as I possibly could. I took the CC and really shook this guy up. This was a great break from trying to be serious about flying.

Try it. I'll bet you'll get a chuckle and feel a little better.

Good luck with your problem also. I am very familiar with it.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

It is also fun too hear the cargo tumble around in the back of the CC like jim shoes in the dryer. The co-pilot always has some interesting things to say.

Best of luck Jack. I have cataract surgery coming up before too long, always something. Getting old is SO much fun! :smile:

Steve

Getting old ain't for sissies. :LMAO: being I still have it. :P