Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

Flightbeam KDEN & FSGenesis Terrain

Hello Avsim users,

I am considering a purchase of Flightbeams multiple award winning KDEN scenery, however I run FSGenesis (checked for the latest version, and I am up to date) and on Flightbeams KDEN FAQ it says there may be terrain incompatibilities such as plateauing, now according to FSGenesis they fixed this issue with their software, and if FSGenesis has the terrain elevation correct then I should have nothing to worry about, or so I assume. For the record I REFUSE to uninstall FSGenesis as IMO its the best payware terrain mesh you can buy, and its not worth the loss for 1 airport. My question is, does anyone here have Flightbeams KDEN and FSGenesis Mesh, and if so are there any incompatibilies that would make KDEN not worth it? 

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I run that airport with FSG mesh and no issues here. Besides the airport has a free 5 minute trial. Just download it and install it and check for yourself before you buy. Just use the default trike and slew around the airport and check it out. Keep in mind that your mesh needs to be set to 100 and 5 meter resolution if I recall right, not at my computer to check. After you install you can check the PDF that comes with it for the recommended mesh settings. The airport comes with its own mesh which will overide the FSG mesh you have installed. Any issues reported are usually due to people not setting their mesh complexity and resolution per recommend settings.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks jimburke, I have my mesh resolution maxed out, FSX is completely configured from head to toe using both AVSIM's guide and Word Not Allowed's guide. I look forward to flying routes in my VA to KDEN from ORBX's KJAC and vice-versa. Interestingly enough this will be my first Flightbeam purchase, I own 3 FSDreamTeam products and 2 FlyTampa, should be an interesting comparison.

Thanks jimburke, I have my mesh resolution maxed out, FSX is completely configured from head to toe using both AVSIM's guide and Word Not Allowed's guide. I look forward to flying routes in my VA to KDEN from ORBX's KJAC and vice-versa. Interestingly enough this will be my first Flightbeam purchase, I own 3 FSDreamTeam products and 2 FlyTampa, should be an interesting comparison.

On a side note, I had switched from ImagineSim's KDEN to FlightBeam's (no complaints about ImagineSim - I just wanted to be consistent with other airports I purchased from FlightBeam and FSDreamTeam), and I did have plateaus (takeoffs and landings were like flying in the Death Star trenches <g>), but it was due to my FTX Global settings. Once I ran FTX Central and ran the utility to disable conflicting areas, all was well in the world!

I made the purchase, all looks as it should and I had no idea they optimized this airport that well. I did a test flight in an Alabeo PiperSport for about 8 minutes without the timer running out in the demo, and I averaged 27/30 frames (1/2 refresh locked for frame stability)! Mind you this is with Active Sky Next, REX 4 using 2048 & 4096 textures, FSGenesis Mesh, UTX, GEX, Zinertek Ultimate Tree Environment using 1024x1024 trees, and PrecipitFX. I highly recommend this airport if you fly in/out of KDEN often or have a VA with lots of routes to it.