Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

777 Thrust reverse bug still persistent in SP1c

Hi Guys,

A short while before SP1c and in this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452139-pmdg-777-reverse-thrust-bug

I posted regarding the bug preventing proper thrust reverse activation since the 777 originally released.

Pre-SP1c it would briefly activate upon main gear touchdown, and then force out of reverse again. Reverse would ONLY activate upon main gear touchdown.

I along with some other users reported this to the team via tickets and were informed the problem was identified and would be addressed in SP1c. Indeed the Sp1c changelog mentions two bugs that were resolved to address this bug.

However and unfortunately I am not seeing any better results on my end with regards to thrust reverse engagement since SP1c. 

In fact, with this latest build, reverse no longer comes on at all with main gear touchdown, and will again, only activate when the nose gear is on the runway.

Can those who participated in the previous thread, confirm that this bug is still there?

I have just submitted a new ticket to the team, so I would like to find out what you guys are experiencing VS SP1b. If this is the first time you hear of this, please make sure to read the original thread as it gives a clear description of the bug. 

Leo Cal

I did a test and I can get the thrust reverse activated as soon as the main gear touches the ground.

James Goggi

In my case they seem to be fine now, I would however appreciate you posting the results of your further enquiry with the PMDG team.

Tim

Hi Guys,

A short while before SP1c and in this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452139-pmdg-777-reverse-thrust-bug

I posted regarding the bug preventing proper thrust reverse activation since the 777 originally released.

Pre-SP1c it would briefly activate upon main gear touchdown, and then force out of reverse again. Reverse would ONLY activate upon main gear touchdown.

I along with some other users reported this to the team via tickets and were informed the problem was identified and would be addressed in SP1c. Indeed the Sp1c changelog mentions two bugs that were resolved to address this bug.

However and unfortunately I am not seeing any better results on my end with regards to thrust reverse engagement since SP1c. 

In fact, with this latest build, reverse no longer comes on at all with main gear touchdown, and will again, only activate when the nose gear is on the runway.

Can those who participated in the previous thread, confirm that this bug is still there?

I have just submitted a new ticket to the team, so I would like to find out what you guys are experiencing VS SP1b. If this is the first time you hear of this, please make sure to read the original thread as it gives a clear description of the bug. 

Leo Cal

I was waiting for this fix as well.

But did a flight today, and the thrust reversed did not activate till the nose gear touched down....

I expected this issue to be fixed with SP1C...

Thanks

Hari

But did a flight today, and the thrust reversed did not activate till the nose gear touched down....

Same for me.

Harry Sung

I tried at least 3-4 times and each time the reverse activated at MLG touchdown.

James Goggi

Thrust reverse works fine for me, as soon as the main gear touches I hold F2 and the reversers deploy normally. Don't think there is a bug present

Works fine for me, are you using any custom or previous flight panel states? Have you tried deleting fsuipc.ini?

There was a problem with REV that was resolved in SP1C, and it had to do with frame timing in FSX and speed of throttle retard going to idle. It should be at idle by time mains touch down. I've had at least a dozen flights since final testing of SP1C and REV has always engaged after main gear compress.

That several are still seeing a delay until nose gear touches down points to a separate cause leading to the same effect. Go through the typical troubleshooting for controller problems such as calibration, null zone settings and deleting FSUIPC.ini if you are using that for controls.

Dan Downs KCRP

First landing after SP1C seemed to me that the bug was there. In the second one, seemed to be gone. Now I will have to verify again.

Hi Guys,

I have gone through the initial steps of trouble shooting. Not using a panel state. And deleting FSUIPC.ini (Never had throttle axis calibrated via FSUIPC to begin with). 

Following this I was successfully able to activate reverse upon main gear touchdown. I only had the time for one landing, but I will report later tonight.

Indeed this may be an issue of simply deleting fsuipc.ini

I have aircraft profiles setup in fsuipc.

If I delete fsuipc.in they will be lost, how can I recover them ?.

Thanks

Hari

Hari, make a copy of your current FSUIPC.ini, then delete it from your modules folder. Open FSX (this wil automatically create a new FSUIPC) and then go ahead and set up everything from fresh. You can use the copy of the FSUIPC.ini you made to check you have the new set up matching the old.

However, do not calibrate any axis through FSUIPC that is related to the throttles. 

The goal of this is to be 100% sure that it is not a bug with the aircraft, (which i no longer believe to be the case), but rather a FSUIPC.ini issue. I suggest you only assign rudder, brakes, aileron and elevator and then set yourself up for a Approach with A/T active. 

Let us know about your results.

Leo Cal