Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

777 Thrust reverse bug still persistent in SP1c

I have gone through the initial steps of trouble shooting. Not using a panel state. And deleting FSUIPC.ini (Never had throttle axis calibrated via FSUIPC to begin with).

Following this I was successfully able to activate reverse upon main gear touchdown.

I don't have FSUIPC installed, and still can't get the reverse thrusters to activate until the nose gear is down.

Harry Sung

hsung:  please use your full name in the PMDG forums. Thank you.

Try pressing F1 before F2 for REV, see if that makes any difference. Did you calibrate your controller as suggested earlier?

Dan Downs KCRP

Try pressing F1 before F2 for REV, see if that makes any difference.

I always press and hold F1 before the main gears touch down and then press F2 twice with the 2nd press holding down the button.

Did you calibrate your controller as suggested earlier?

I don't use a yoke or joystick ... just the keyboard ;)

Cheers, Harry

Harry Sung

I don't use a yoke or joystick ... just the keyboard

If you are using A/T it should go to IDLE below 50 ft and throttles closed well before main gear touches down. If this is working for you but you still have a delay getting REV then I'm at a loss.  Maybe you have an old FSUIPC.ini file from previous use??? I don't know, strange. But then, I am amazed that you can fly this plane without a game controller using only keyboard... seems to me pitch and bank control would be very difficult. Maybe that's related, if you touch down much quicker because you don't have enough flare on landing then that could throw the throttle timing off. Try extending your flare a couple seconds and see what happens.

Dan Downs KCRP

If you are using A/T it should go to IDLE below 50 ft

Do you mean flick the A/T lever down (switch off)?  I shall give this a try tonight :)

Cheers, Harry

Harry Sung

Do you mean flick the A/T lever down (switch off)?  I shall give this a try tonight :)

Cheers, Harry

No he means the autothrottle will command idle thrust at 50 feet, not turn off the A/T switch off.

OK, thanks Antoni.

I press F1 when I hear the Minimums call out at 50 feet and then F2 when the main gears touch down.  Next, I press and hold down F2 a second time.

Should I press and hold F2 once when the main gears touch down?

Harry Sung

Yes pressing F2 once will cause the reversers to open but they will only maintain idle reverse thrust. You need to hold F2  once the main gear touch down for the reversers to fully open

Alright, I finally got the reverse thrusters opened just before the nose gear came down last night.  I had to keep holding F2 after the main gears touched down for a good 4 seconds or so ... is this what everyone has to do?

Harry Sung

Alright, I finally got the reverse thrusters opened just before the nose gear came down last night.  I had to keep holding F2 after the main gears touched down for a good 4 seconds or so ... is this what everyone has to do?

I have reverse thrusters setup in CH throttle and use fsuipc for assignment.

Cant get the damn this to open till nose wheel touches down....

The same for me. I press and hold F2 immediatly after main landing gear touches the ground but the reverse thrust only activates after the nose gear touches the ground. I haven't any control assigment in fsuipc

Jason, try pressing F2 on main gear contact then release then press again and hold until engines spool up in REV.... does that work for you?  For me, I only have to tap F2 after touchdown and she goes right into REV after a realistic very short delay. This was something we tested and verified so others having problems with it now could be anything but the original bug that was fixed.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah not fixed in SP1c for me too.